𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

❝𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵,𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺, 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳

𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺, 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳.❞

Sunlight filtered through the bedroom window, making Natalia squint as she slowly opened her eyes. The haze from her slumber quickly wore off as she realized that she was entangled with Matthew in his bed, bringing all of the memories of last night to surface as a blush danced along her cheeks.

His arm hooked around her waist as he spooned her from behind, making her smile. She could hear his steady breathing in her ear as he slept, his body emanating warmth that felt good in the chill of the apartment. It was cozy.

She loved it here.

If she wasn't entirely doomed before last night, it was set in stone now. There was no way that she could shake the feelings that had crept into her heart and made a home there after waking up in his arms. She felt at home here. She hadn't felt that way since she was a kid, when her parents were still alive and her life was whole.

Snuggling down further into his hold, Natalia enjoyed a few more minutes of the tranquil sanctuary before deciding it was time to brush her teeth and take a shower.

It's too soon to scare him off with morning breath and bed head.

Carefully peeling his arm from around her body, she crept from the bed as slowly as she could. He was still sleeping soundly as she tiptoed into the bathroom, her bare skin pricking with goosebumps as she whisked his robe from a hook next to the shower. It was soft as she put it on, burying her face in it for a moment as she smiled. It smelled like him, and practically swallowed her petite frame whole because of how much larger he was.

Unpacking her toothbrush and necessary toiletries from her overnight bag, Natalia started brushing her teeth as she turned the shower on, sticking her hand underneath the water until she was satisfied with the temperature. Steam quickly filled the bathroom, clinging to the mirror and fogging it up as she spit into the sink. Transferring the robe back to its designated rack, she stepped carefully into the shower, sighing as the hot water cascaded down her back. She could feel the warmth down to her bones.

It soothed the ache in her muscles from last night, which only made her bite her lip faintly at the thought. Her entire body was sore; a sweet reminder of everywhere he'd been, everywhere he'd touched. A reminder that he was real. His name might as well have been tattooed on her heart. He controlled every bit of how it thumped harshly against her chest and how often it skipped in his presence. She was just a puppet on his strings.

And it's only been three weeks.

The sound of the shower door opening made her jump as a squeak burst through her lips, twisting around to see Matthew climbing in behind her.