"Yeah, you too!" Ahri called out before glaring back at Sona. "For the record, he explained the situation to me, and this does not count as a real date."

Sona rolled her eyes with a mischievous smile as she took out her board and began writing. (Sure it's not, and foxes are just another breed of dogs, right?) Was written.

"Listen here, you little-" Ahri didn't even finish before Sona turned around and just walked away.

Ahri may or may not have slammed the door and went for the biggest ice-cream bucket she had in their fridge.

Time Skip: (Brought to you by chibi Ahri eating a giant bowl of ice cream.)

Sona and Grey walked into the halls of the Buvelle House. Many maids and servants were walking around carrying things from cleaning utilities, to food, and even decorations.

"This seems like a rather big event than it should," Grey commented, seeing the urgency of the servants.

Sona sighed and started motioning. [My mother tends to exaggerate social events such as parties and concerts. You should have seen what she did for my first musical debut,] She finished with a smile.

They walked into a large hall filled with tables and servants still moving around. Inside, Lestara Buvelle stood in front of three maid, each holding a piece of cloth.

"No, sweety, we're not using scarlet so soon after using it in our last party again," the woman said motioning for one of the maids to leave before looking at the other two. "Now… sapphire blue? Or jade?"

Sona clapped her hands once when she and Grey walked closer to her mother to draw attention. [Hello, mother, how are the preparations?]

"Oh, hi, dear, and the Abyss Watcher? Good to see you two," Lestara greeted before motioning to the two remaining maids. "Sona, which one do you think would fit more for the party's table cloths?"

[Jade should do well since it's spring, shouldn't it?] Sona motioned after looking at the colors.

"Ah, of course, thanks, dear," the woman said before snapping her fingers at the maids. "You heard her, ladies. We'll be using jade for this party. The rest can be used later," she said and the two maids left. "Now, how are the new couple?"

"Lady Buvelle, I hope you are not under any misunderstanding of our relationship," Grey commented, trying to make sure to explain his situation.

"Oh, I completely understand. I just tend to use any excuse for a good party. Especially in these times of unrest with the Rebellion brewing. Gotta keep the morales up," Lestara explained with a shrug while putting a hand on her waist. "Besides, if I actually believed you were engaged to my daughter, I would give you a questioning, not a party."

[Mother!] Sona motioned quickly before grabbing Grey's arm and beginning to tuck him away. [I'll help him find something to wear. Please make sure that the chefs don't use the wrong wine again.]

"Oh, gods, you're absolutely right!" Lestara stated before she turned around and began quickly walking towards the kitchen.

Once they were back in the hallways, Sona turned to the Abyss Watcher. [I'm sorry about that. My mother can be much sometimes,] She signed.

"It's alright, I can understand she's looking out for you," Grey explained with a shrug.

Sona smiled and they continued to walk the hallway until they reached a door that Grey remembered was the room he stayed in before. [Your clothes should be in the closet inside. I'll go see my mother about a few things about the preparations. I'll come get you when the party starts.]