𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

╚═══ -ˋˏ *

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

Ava has been in the hospital for 2 days and she feels like her head is going to explode, nurses and doctors are always in and out of her room checking her injuries. She's spoke with a psychiatrist about everything she went through, a bunch of officials for the Navy who want to know every detail about the crash.

Tom and Pete have barely left her side, only when Goose and Slider had to practically drag them away to go eat and shower and when they are gone Carole takes their place with Bradley and Sarah.

Ava hadn't been able to see Ash yet since he's still in the ICU but Maggie came and saw her for a few minutes which lead to both women crying into each other's shoulders. Ava was so terrified that Maggie would hate her for what happened, that she would yell and scream that it should have been Ava instead. Ava had thought that over and over again as she laid in bed, she's the pilot her RIO is her responsibility she should be the one in the ICU.

Ava was laying in bed flipping through the channels which were slim pickings at 2:00 in the afternoon, she groaned and leaned her head back. Tom and Pete were reluctantly told they needed to report back to Top Gun to finish their training and left about 7 this morning, so Ava was alone.

"Knock knock." Carole smiled from the doorway

"Hey." Ava mumbled as she winced trying to push herself into a better position

"Don't be a idiot! Let me help you." Carole scolded coming into the room with a bag of Chinese takeout for lunch

"Sorry mom." Ava rolled her eyes making Carole chuckle as she gently helped her sit up

"How are you feeling today?" Carole asked setting the food out on the small table

"As good as I can be I guess. I can't wait to get out of here, I hate hospitals." Ava said accepting some noodles from Carole. "Have you seen Ash?"

"Um the doctor let me in for a few minutes yesterday. I brought Maggie some clothes and she was asleep so they let me take them to her. He has a little more color than he did which is good, the doctor told me that his stats have been coming back up." Carole told her as she divided some of the food out, carefully watching Ava's facial expressions

"Good. That's good." Ava nodded taking a drink of her water from the cup the hospital gave her. "I have to see him."

"Hopefully he'll be out of the ICU soon and then he can have visitors." Carole said making Ava sigh. "It wasn't your fault Ava, you have to know that."