PROLOGUE

I watched as the dark blue of the midnight sky broke into hues of orange and pink. It almost looked mocking. Like Mother Nature herself was amused by my stupidity. The waves of the ocean were crashing hard against the edge of the cliff, but all I heard were the cackles that Mother Nature released. And it angered me even more.

Anger, like the rage of a forest fire, burning everything that comes in its way. Every tree, every animal that crossed it was burnt to death. But what was I? Who was I when compared to Nature? I'd jump into the ocean once, and no one would ever even find out about me. What power did I have, against these formidable waves of nature?

So I remained calm, on the outside, at least. Because I had to understand and accept the fact that I was truly nothing to this world. To my so-called family. To the people who made fake fucking promises about shit they never meant. To him, the only person who ever cared for me. Or at least, I thought that he did.

So I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and looked down into the ocean. It looked almost... inviting. Like Mother Nature was waiting for me to jump into the ocean, stop breathing, give up my life cause it was never truly mine. And at that moment I realised. I realised what Mother Nature has been trying to tell me all along.

The world is full of nothing but grief and pain.

So I took another deep breath and jumped. I screwed my eyes shut and stopped breathing way before I felt the cruelty of the ocean, freezing me, telling me to let go. To not hope for another chance. For a miracle. So I did.

I let go.

Who wants to live anyway?

..........

A/n

Soooo, definitely not the beginning a reader would expect. I came up with this story a few days ago, and I honestly can't wait to share it with you guys!!

Love you, take care <333

Mallorie D.