Chapter 4 Begining of Truth

Start from the beginning

Hunter had spent a year, roaming the woods and he had found a beautiful spot, right by the running lake that served him well, a beautiful little abondoned cabin that he fixed up by April and had a nice house by the end of June. Utterly alone, he felt like he had all the space in the world! And even if it did get lonely, he would go walk to a far village where nice neighbors laughed and smiled by the day and all got together by night. Now? Now he was setting the bed, after a long day in the village, and watching how a young girl set her eyes over him ever few seconds, he took his sgirt off and just threw himself on the bed with a huff.

His brown hair was tumbling over his eyes, and he remembered the many times he had to push it away from his eyes and smiled at the nice memory-pushing his hair from his eyes. Falling asleep no longer later, cold breeze took over his body, but he couldnt find a way to wake up to get the covers on him again. He liked his small cabin, but by morning not even the cotton and furr covers would keep him warm; a blast of air hit his bare torso and he shivered awake-and gasped. He was in front of two massive gates, made of iron and blocks, behind that he could see a castle and grand windows and doors.

He felt a pang of fear an curiosity as he remembered Vanessa, his ex-to-be-wife, telling him about the horrors of this castle. But curiosity got the best of him as he walked forward to the gates that opened slowly to his touch,

"Maybe this isnt the castle she was warning me about," he walked ahead, seeing gardens and water lives and fountains. Like a fairy tail, only in real life. He had never been on a castle, well, if you counted the time he got to live in one for a week because of his dad's job, but that wasnt nothing. He didnt get why everyone was calling him lucky or that he was always the one to get the better things. It was just a castle. Blocks and hardwork to him. Somethjng about the huge building in front of him made Hunter want to go inside, but he fought the tempting idea and left, shivering his bones out, and with one last glance over his shoulder, he thought he saw the gates close with a stuborn style.

"You could be wrong, miss, it could have been anyone else," Wendy was sitting behind Liesel, making her hair up in a braid, trying to be distracted by her master's amazing markings and tattooes, even if her master said they were hideous, she couldnt help but be curious to see them every time. Now, Liesel just sat, playing with her now claws instead of nails, they were red with nail polish, and Liesel discovered that you could cut them if you wanted. "Maybe he wasnt-"

"I know what I saw, Wendy," Liesel, not unkindly. "He was all I needed, a curious man to come and fall for my trap. I married him and the spell would be broken. I also see that you are staring at my designs, Wendy." Liesel said with a rare lingering smile. The maid quickly looked away to hide her blush, but the mirror in front of her let Liesel see her. "Do you wish to have a tattoo yourself? I've never seen someone look at them so much and not get one." Wendy smiled sadly.

"I cant, miss, maids are not supposed to have any tattoos, that is-"

"Ridiculous," Liesel turned around and grinned at Wendy, who eyes had widened with surprise to see her bright at all. "You are a friend, I could get you a tattoo if you wanted. Also, I wouldnt mind you guys making me pasta for dinner...what? What is it?" Wendy had chuckled and cleaned a tear from her cheek.

"I havent seen you like this since they were here," Wendy said, Liesel quickly put her smile away and turned around slowly. "I didnt mean to upset you, Liesel..."

"You did not mean it, Wendy, no" Liesel said, a bit of anger and sadness in her voice. She thought of the old days, wehn Wendy and her were friends and would make mud cakes together in Spring and snow mans in Winter and have lemonade with the king and queen by Summer. She remembered her father calling out for borh girls when they got too far deep in the river.