But during the war, Charlie was captured even though he was from Matthew's side since he worked as a spy. The soldiers didn't know if he was on their side.

Of course, Matthew wanted Charlie to be released, but he was stopped by his advisors who told him that he should take the glory alone and make everyone think their pack is the strongest.

Even though Charlie was the reason why Matthew knew the weak links of the enemy. Being a young leader and also for sake of a peace treaty, Matthew did not acknowledge Charlie as his spy but as an enemy.

And Charlie was sentenced to death by his own pack who should have celebrated him. After the incident, Sam was born, but Matthew made sure that Sam's mom stays silent about what happened and never reveal it.

Sam, since a kid, grew up as a traitor's son. He found out about his dad as a kid, but his mother would beat him until he shut his mouth.

Even though she loved her son as time went by, the more Sam wanted to prove his father was innocent, the more his mother lost her love for her son and only beat him and abuse him.

The world didn't know what happened behind the closed doors, but Sam only had one ray of light and that was his friend Luke.

Luke and he grow up together, and even though the world was unforgiving Luke was different, he didn't show pity or hate. He always looked at him as a friend and only wanted the best for him.

When they were 10 years old Luke said, "When we grow up I will name my kid Sam"

The 10-year-old Sam just shook his head, "I will not name my boy Luke though"

Luke was sad but Sam continued, "I only want to love one Luke and that is my best friend"

Luke laughed as they went off to play. As the years passed by Sam grew up so did his resolve.

Sam always had a plan, and that was to make sure Matthew paid for what he did to his dad.

He prayed to the goddess and requested her he wanted to be Damian's mate. He wanted to enter their family and destroy everyone.

"Even if you become his mate, he will never love you and only want you because of being a mate," the goddess said.

"I will never love him neither do I want his love, I want revenge," Sam said in a determined voice.

After getting his wish he wanted to marry Damian but Damian ended up marrying Gwen. But after many years Sam finally made sure he married Damian. When that happened he slowly planned his revenge.

When he got married to Damian because he was with his child, he planned an attack. Everyone thought it was an attack by outsiders. But it was he who wanted to attack and wipe out Damian and get the full powers of the pack.

Then he will punish Matthew. He never cared about Damian and wanted him dead so when he got the chance, he attacked.

But, when everything was in chaos, someone from dark rogues attacked him. Since he was undercover and not many other than Isaac knew he was on their side, the person thought he was enemy Alpha's mate.

Sam thought he was going to die like his father, but then he saw Luke come in front of him and took the stab.

Sam caught Luke falling to the ground as he screamed for help. Luke stopped him. "Live happily, Sam"

Sam saw his only light slowly close his eyes as he took his last breath. At that moment, he knew what he had truly lost.

He never showed his emotions or mourned for his friend, so Luke's parents hated him and Sam made Damian kick them out of the pack.

He wanted them to leave and be somewhere where they can be happy, not here where they see their son's murderer living a good life.

But the night they were leaving, Luke's dad met him secretly at first. Sam thought he was here to scold him or even kill him.

"I know what happened to your father," David said, shocking Sam.

"I found out about it after many years. The alpha never forgot what happened"

"He always lives in that guilt and helplessness but more so how he never really is that powerful as others claim"

David looked at Sam and smiled like he saw his son. "Don't kill him, Sam"

"Let him live and let him feel those emotions."

"If you kill him, you will not take revenge but will be doing him a favor"

David hugged Sam. "And be happy. You know Luke wanted that for you."

And for the first time since his death, Sam cried. He mourned not just his friend but his life with his friend.

Sam told David to never tell his family about his reason, and let him be the villain. "I deserve their hate."

David took his family far away and as much as Kevin wanted to kill Sam, his father always insisted he move on and never think about revenge.

"I know a person who wanted the same thing as you and now he has nothing"

Matthew lived a life full of regret and never was happy. Sam didn't kill him. What David said was true, death would have been a relief for Matthew.

Damian and Sam never were together other than that night. Damian slowly got out of his mate bond that tied him and only saw Sam as a responsibility.

Sam cut his mating bond because he never loved him and didn't want to be with anyone. When their child was born, Damian asked what name Sam wanted for him.

Sam looked at the child that was smiling at him, and after a long time, his heart was finally happy, like the light came back to his life.

And he knew immediately what name he wanted for his son.

"Luke."