"Fire Lord Azulon has also requested you to sit by his side during this audience. You should prepare as well, my dear."

Zerpahina nodded and rushed to put on her best cloak before the royal family arrived in the meeting hall. Once she was done donning her best black robe with gold trimmings, she was escorted to the meeting hall where Fire Lord Azulon was already sitting behind the bright flames. He looked at Zeraphina with a soft smile, something that was hardly ever seen on the Fire Lord's face.

"My Lord, I thank you for allowing me the honor of sitting by your side." Zeraphina said as she bowed and took her spot by Azulon's side.

"I simply wanted you to see how my family acts throughout this audience and to give me a clear vision of the future through your white flames." Azulon said, his smile fading just as Ozai, Ursa, Zuko and Azula walked into the room.

The family spoke for a moment before Ozai thought it would be best to demonstrate his children's knowledge and skills to his father.

"And how was it Great-Grandfather Sozin managed to win the battle of Han Tui?" Ozai asked.

"Great-Grandfather won.... because...." Zuko trailed off, not remembering the answer.

"Because even though his army was outnumbered, he carefully calculated his advantages." Azula continued for his brother, "The enemy was downwind, and there was a drought. Their defenses burned to a crisp within minutes."

"Correct, my dear." Ozai praised his daughter, "Now, would you show Grandfather the new moves you demonstrated to me?"

Azula didn't hesitate to stand up and show off her moves, each step being perfectly executed and her fire burning brightly. But to Zeraphina, her fire was too bright, lit up by anger and determination to destroy. It was a fire she never liked seeing, especially in a young child like Azula.

"She's a true prodigy." Ozai said after Azula finished her demonstration, "Just like her grandfather for whom she's named."

Azula sat down next to Zuko, "You'll never catch up." she whispered to her brother.

"I'd like to demonstrate what I've been learning." Zuko said determined to be seen. 

He stood up and did the same moves that his sister did, but he fumbled and landed on the floor. Zeraphina wanted to rush over and see if he was alright, but due to the situation, all she could do was sit and watch as his mother consoled him.

"Prince Ozai, why are you wasting my time with this pomp?" Azulon asked irritated, "Just tell me what you want. Everyone else, go." He then turned to Zeraphina, "DragonBorn, you are to stay as well."

"As you wish, my Lord."

Ursa walked her children to the door, but Azula pulled her brother behind the curtains to listen in.

"Father. You must have realized, as I have, that with Lu Ten gone, Iroh's bloodline has ended." Ozai said, "After his son's death, my brother abandoned the siege at Ba Sing Se. And who knows when he will return home? But I am here, Father. And my children are alive."

"Say what it is you want." Azulon grew impatient.

"Father, revoke Iroh's birthright. I am your humble servant here to serve you and our nation. Use me."

The very mention of Iroh being denied his rightful place on the throne sent Azulon's blood to a boil.

"You dare suggest I betray Iroh? My firstborn? Directly after the demise of his only beloved son? I think Iroh has suffered enough. But you? You're punishment has scarcely begun!"