"Is it the same story in which a king and his personal guard falls in love?" I asked.

"Yes it is!.. I didn't know mylady was interested in novels?" Mary asked confused.

"Just a little bit" I laughed awkwardly.

"I'm glad that mylady is enjoying the things you love but did mylady read the first volume?"

"Yes I did?" I answered which sounded more like a question.

"Really can you lend it to us?.. Actually I've already read it by borrowing it from one of the maids but Iglo hasn't.. He's been reading the second volume even before reading the first"

"Can't you borrow it again?" I asked tilting my head.

"Well the thing is mylady.. The maid lost it"

"Huh?"

"Haha..you see... mylady, she's been working at the Duke's chambers and so one day she was slacking off while reading the novel when the butler came barging in so in order to hide the book from the butler she hid it in one of shelves of the duke's study.. and now it's missing.. "

Holy! That's where I got the book from.. I sweat dropped... What should I do now? I lost it as well! Technically speaking it's somewhere above the shelf but it's not like I can just waltz in there, climb the shelves and take the book.

" Is that so?.. Too bad I lost it as well but don't worry we can go and buy it along with some other books" I said while smiling cheerfully.

"Really mylady?.. That's great!" Mary cheered.

"Also Mary suggest me some books alright?" I winked at her.

"Of course ~" She said while giggling.

"Hey! What's a hickey supposed to mean?" Iglo asked interrupting our conversation.

"I didn't know you could read?" I asked while looking at Iglo.

"My my master.. There's a lot of things that you don't know about me" Iglo said with a puffed up chest.

" yeah.. yeah.. I get it" I replied lazily.

After working for two more hours I burnt myself out and decided to go for a shopping spree in the capital. Because of the bright sun I had to wear a hat along with some shades.

We were all in the Salvair duchy's extremely extravagant carriage on our way to visit some shops. Sir Rufus was escorting us and Mary was sitting along with me.

"I'm sorry for troubling you everytime we go out, Sir ballad"

"It's not a trouble at all its my duty as the duchy's knight" He answered with a small smile.

I still feel bad for him like he has to skip his practice for escorting us.. I sighed inwardly.

As we were passing by some buildings I heard a lady shriek and yell and I also noticed the huge crowd which had formed there.

I ushered Sir Rufus and Mary to stop the carriage as I was curious to see what was happening.

I immediately got out of the carriage followed by Sir Rufus and Mary. When I got out I saw a girl probably my age shouting in front of a building. She had green hair and tanned skin. I noticed some people in the crowd murmuring.

"What a pity it is.. That poor girl had worked so long for that goudy merchant yet she was underpaid and chased out when they didn't want her anymore"

"I heard she has to take care of her sick mother and siblings.. Truly what a pity it is"

I then glanced at the girl and heard her shouting "You arrogant bastard! You didn't even give me the full amount ! Give me back my money! Also you kicked me out before our contract ends! Come out you son of a-" I couldn't hear the rest as the noises were muffled then I noticed that Mary was covering my ears.

Awww.. She's really caring but then I noticed that her ears were covered by Sir Rufus! She had a slight blush on her cheeks. Wow this moment looks kinda funny somehow.

The girl seemed to stop shouting and instead was glaring at the door of the building. You know what? I'm gonna kidnap- no I mean employ her!

I took Mary's hands off my ears and then leaned over the carriage while whistling. I then looked at the girl from my black shades.

"Hey there, gorgeous ~" I said to the girl who was still processing what was happening.

The crowds attention then turned towards me.. They all gasped at the sight of the carriage.. They soon realized who I was by the emblem on the carriage.. The Salvair duchy's emblem was that of a Crimson rose surrounded by golden thorns.

Soon she snapped out of her trance and bowed while greeting "I-I greet your ladyship"

I signaled her to come closer which she obediently did.

"What's your name?" I asked while smirking.

"I-It is Claire your ladyship" She answered.

"Well then Claire, visit the Chrysanthemum trading house when you have time." I said and winked at her through my shades and then leaving in my carriage.

I'm gonna have to ask Mr John to test her potential.

We all then went towards the book shop first where Mary recommended me a lot of books. There was even the first volume of 'Passionate love'. I bought it along with some other books and then visited a cultry store where we bought a tea pot which Mary loved. I felt guilty for throwing her previously liked teapot towards the stalker. As Mary was looking over the set of tea pots I could feel someone's stare at me.

Is it the same stalker?

"Sir Ballad, Can you feel it?"

"Yes my lady, someone has been observing us for a while now"

"Can you go and check it out"

"Very well my lady.. I'll be right back"

Sir Rufus left while Mary and I were selecting a tea pot.

We were at the counter when he came back and said that he had lost that person but mentioned that the person had worn a back hood. I told him it's fine and there was no need to report it to father since I'll take care of it myself..

All the three of us went back to the mansion after visiting a few other shops.

It was quite an outing and all of us had plenty of fun even if some random creep stalked us but oh well let's look at the bright side. Iglo liked the books that we brought for him. Mary loved her new tea pot and along with the dresses which we bought from a boutique. I bought Sir Rufus a sword made of mithril as an apology gift for making him miss his training. In short it was a memorable day.

♠️

The Villainess just don't care ~ [Hiatus]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara