20

You watched your fishing pole line to see if it moved but it hadn't. It's been still for a few minutes now. You were feeling a bit impatient as fishing wasn't for you. Your brows furrowed in disappointment, turning your attention to everyone else. "How is it that you all are catching fish?? I can't even catch any!" They all at least caught one or two in the shared bucket. You felt like a loser.

"Aww, y/n, don't worry! You'll get one soon!" Yuta tried to be as encouraging as possible but it didn't work. You knew your luck was thin.

Shaking your head, you gave up and reeled in your line. A sore loser like you didn't feel competent to stay around good fisher people. It hurts your soul to know you waited for two hours despite changing baits and locations multiple times. "Well, I need to train. I can't skip that."

Maki chuckled at your sheer dedication. You were going to train even though everyone's on their 'vacation'. "Alright, come on. I don't want you to cry and mope because you can't fish." She pulled you to the side and you guys practiced hand to hand combat.

During your training with Maki, you read her next move and were able to block it and attack back. You landed the majority of it on her until Maki decided to overpower you with her strength and took you down.

"Oof!" Before you knew it, you landed straight on your back, feeling the air escaping your lungs. You decided to lay on the ground and rest so it wouldn't be too harsh on your body if you were to get up fast.

Gosh my poor back is going to break soon if I keep getting slammed like this.... You said to yourself, slowly sitting back up.

"You're getting there! For someone who started at the bottom and now is able to fend me off is impressive!" Maki complimented as she stuck out her hand for you to grab and pulled you right back on your feet.

"Thanks. Because of you, I've gotten much better at it but I still need room to grow." You smiled, feeling great about yourself for becoming stronger than you were before. "I'll be back. Gonna grab some water to drink."

Sitting down on the grass, you opened your water bottle and chugged down the whole thing. You were very dehydrated from sweating your ass off. "Thank goodness it's cloudy right now. I would've died from heat stroke if it was sunny." You let your body cool down as your sweat dried on your skin.

While enjoying your peace, Yuta decided to pop right next to you. "Guess we're eating fish for dinner! There's a lot that was caught so that's gonna be good."

"That's great. I don't know who's cleaning and cooking the fish because I'm not."

"I have to because they're forcing me to. How was training? You looked amazing. Your form is great, you know when to use more power into your hits."

For some reason when Yuta complimented you, it made you feel so giggly and shy. It resulted in your heart fluttering as you timidly grinned at him. Yuta could see how rosy your cheeks turned, showing your gummy smile.

"Thanks! I've grown a lot and still am. I know you see it too because you've been with me for like five or six months right?"

Immediately, realizing how long it's been since he saved you during his mission, he couldn't believe it's been that long already. "Wow!" His eyes widened, letting reality sink in. "Time flies! It really does. That's almost half a year, you know? I'm in shock. But you aren't the same girl I knew when we first met... At first, you wanted to die then stay alive to take vengeance. Looking at you now, you developed your skills to take matters into your own hands. What a big transformation!"

"And a bigger transformation will be you training me right now!!"

"But you just got done. I don't want to overwork you. I want you to rest for a little longer—"