1.14

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Mary called quietly from the back of the group, careful to keep her voice from echoing off the dark empty corridors.

Marlene spun on her heel, allowing Violet to remain in the lead, "of course it's a good idea."

"But- it's after curfew.... a-and we could get caught."

"By who?" the blonde scoffed, "A prefect on patrol?" Mart  nodded violently, causing Marlene to roll her eyes, "You forget love, Lily is a prefect, she'll get us out of it." The blonde spoke confidently, turning back, and walking forward once more

"Don't. ask." Violet grumbled when she heard Marlene speed up, "I don't know how close because I don't know where it is."

"oh."

Violet groaned, taking off her glasses to rub at her eyes, "No. No, no, no. Don't 'oh' me. I never said I knew where it was," she pointed "just that sirius said it was down here." she whined.

Marlene let out a loud spurt of laughter, making Mary lurch forward, slapping a hand over her mouth urging her to be quiet.

"Well why didn't you just say that then!" Marlene spoke, flouncing forward, blond waves bouncing around her face, "I go to the kitchens all the time, learned the way second year."

The blonde continued down the hall, only stopping when she realized the other two didn't follow. Violet and Mary stood in the same spots as before. Mary was looking around quickly, making sure that no one was following or had heard Marlene's outburst.

Violet however, was frozen in shock, jaw hanging open."You mean to tell me, you had me searching for forty five minutes- when you knew where it was the entire time?"

The blonde shrugged, "Yeah, I don't know, you're strange, anything is possible love" the blonde winked, turning back and leading them in the proper direction this time.

—-

The three girls were now lounging in the dorm, surrounded by various snack items with their red headed friend looking upon them in disappointment.

"Was all this really necessary?"

"For food?" Marlene questioned, followed closely by the Potter, who was talking around a cookie in her mouth, "Definitely."

Lily just groaned, looking up at the ceiling, "I expected this from them, but you Mary?"

The sheepish girl looked up blushing in embarrassment, "Well- someone had to look out for them."

"Hey Lils, don't be upset-"

"Why shouldn't I be?" the girl scolded, cutting of the blonde, "I find you three roaming the halls hours after curfew with mountains of stolen food!"

Violet raised her hand "Well- it wasn't exactly stolen Lilypad, Spicks insisted" the brunette spoke proudly, sporting a large smile.

Lily only crossed her arms, an eyebrow raised in suspicion, "Spicks?"

The smile faded as Violet moved to mock the pose, "Well first of all, I'm not appreciating the condescending tone you are using. Second, yes, Spicks." she sighted, "Honestly were you even listening Lilypad?"

"My apologies" Lily grumbled, annoyed with the girls attitude, "Who is Spicks, again?"

"I'm glad you asked." Violet sang, "Spicks, is my lovely house elf friend-"

"They just met" interrupted the blonde, "Vi didn't even know where the kitchens were ten minutes ago."

"Spicks is my new house elf friend" Violet corrected, smile never falling, as if she wasn't interrupted at all. "See? It was given by a friend, t'was not stolen."

Mary spoke up, presenting a pastry to the redhead, "And we got your favorite if that helps?"

"Oi! that was mine-" Marlene protested, being cut off mid sentence by the bespectacled girl pouncing on the blonde, slapping a hand over her mouth.

Lily, as much as she wanted to be mad at the three, couldn't find it in herself to be annoyed at them anymore.

The anger dissipated, making way for a smile to grace her face. "Well, I suppose if Spicks insisted-" the three cheered happily, "just don't make a habit out of it." the girl scolded one last time before flopping down on the bed next to the other girls.

HELLOOO-
sorry for not updating for a bit, but i'm having trouble coming up with ideas to finish off this part. every time i get an idea and want to write, it's always for some future plot line lol. enjoy this little filler chapter with some Violet and Marlene shenanigans, hopefully i'll get some ideas soon so we can move on to the good stuff 👀