꧁༒Silent heart-1༒꧂

En başından başla

As you took a spoonful of your porridge, you smiled at your lovely, young mother. Nobody else in the family likes it, so your mother always got up early to make it for you. It fills you up and keeps you satisfied for the rest of the day.

"But, Eomma, I wanted to assist you. I heard Aunt Dallia was arguing with you last night. I just don't want you to overextend yourself, eomma. You should take it easy. You are still struggling from the illness." You were concerned by the exhaustion in her eyes. Her eyes were adorned with dark circles. She had a severe flu attack four days ago and still appeared under the weather. You wish she could just abandon all of her responsibilities and retire to bed. Perhaps you could have helped her with her household tasks until she recovers quickly.

"Don't be anxious, my princess. I'm going to be fine. Just eat well and catch the school bus; otherwise, you'll have to pedal to school today. I don't want you to be late for anything." She rubs you on the back. Turn around while she loads the dirty dishes into the dishwasher.

You shook your head, concernedly watching her slow, mechanical movements. It can be stressful for you to go to school knowing that your mother had to endure such verbal abuse from your aunt, Dallia. You wish you could get a part-time job and live with your mother after senior year. Your mother, on the other hand, is very strict about your education and wants you to focus on your final year. Because of all of your credits, you and your best friend will graduate early.

You suddenly heard footsteps coming down the stairs. You frown. It's your delightful, spoiled cousin, Jong Mi-cha.

She always seemed sluggish every morning. Does she even sleep? Or is she just on social media...taking staged selfies of herself? As your mother bowed and greeted her politely, you raised your eyes to her apparent sour demeanor. She barely reacts, nodding dismissively. You shook your head in disgust at her impolite behavior. What a jerk.

You smirk inwardly because one of the most popular guys at your school has probably rejected her advances yet again. Can't she see that she isn't all boys-type? Sorry to say, but Mi-Cha is a first-rate narcissistic brat. She believes she is superior to everyone else, including you, her maid.

"Good morning..." you said quietly. Her hair was marvelously loose over her shoulders. But she seemed upset so early in the morning. Her well-shaped brows creased.

She just stared at you with a bored expression and narrowed eyes, then quietly went to the buffet table and began to open the lids of the warmer dishes. As she looked down at the steaming food, her nose scrunched up in disgust.

"Aunt Binna! Kimchi mushroom pancakes and kimchi eggs again? Can't you at least include some variety in this house? What about a traditional English breakfast of bacon and sausages? " She groaned at your mother. Your dalgona coffee nearly choked you. (a sort of iced cappuccino) in reaction to her obvious lack of respect

"Your mother loves it...and my mother made it for her, not for you. Just eat what is placed before you," you stated, peeved. Your mother looked at you with wide eyes and shook her head, so you wouldn't start a fight or make a scene. They're already walking on thin glass in this household.

You inhaled deeply and swallowed any other snarky remark that came to mind. You'd had it with your cousin. She is ungrateful but sometimes mean-spirited.

She pursed her lips tightly and narrowed her beautiful eyes at your fresh, flawless beauty "Yuri, you watch it. And where have you hidden my PE uniform? I couldn't find it in my drawers...just...just go get my schoolbag in my bedroom before I tell my mother about your latest obnoxious behavior. Beggers can't be choosers, "She shot back, pointing to the stairs and dismissing you with pursed lips. Who peed in her porridge today?