i. DEAD TO ME

GOOD LUCK BABE
oseconds — 2024

HANDS SHOOK THE girl awake and she immediately rolled over, pulling the warm blanket over her head with an annoyed groan. a few seconds passed before the blanket was ripped off her body and she sat up in her bed. the girl's brother stood in front of the edge of the bed with a pleased smile on his face. she yanked her blanket back from his hands and ignored him reminding her of school, including the probability of her being late from her morning stubbornness.

"i'm getting nan," he said before taking a few steps towards her doorway. the girl quickly stood from her bed and started rummaging for an outfit to wear. "that's what i thought." her brother laughed and walked out of her room, closing the poster-covered door behind him.

olivia emerged from her bedroom a few minutes later, dressed in clothes that she wasn't sure were entirely clean or not. she headed to the bathroom to finish up before grabbing her car keys from her desk and slinging her patched-up bag over her left shoulder. the girl kissed her grandmother and slipped out the front door with her brother trailing behind her.

"i gotta pick up harps on the way so you're sitting in the back and not bothering her 'kay?" olivia watched as her brother's face fell and she stopped walking, turning around to grasp his cheeks with a hand. "cash, you're my brother, but she went through some unfortunate shit with chook, and you just happened to have been there too. she's sensitive right now alright?" he nodded and went to open the back door but another car pulled up and olivia clenched her fists.

speak of the devil and the devil shall appear.

chook pulled his car right beside olivia's and rolled down his window, beckoning cash over. the two had a quick conversation before her brother turned around and said he'd get a ride from the older man, making olivia roll her eyes and hop into her car. the girl pushed her key into the ignition and went to drive away but a knock on her window stopped her. she looked over and saw chook standing there, waiting for her to roll it down.

"what do you want chook?" she snarked out causing him to chuckle. he slightly crouched down to be face to face with her, making her reel back half an inch.

"just wanted to see how my favorite girl is doing," he smiled, his tooth gap on full display. "you never called me back after you left my place ya know?" olivia rolled her eyes again and gripped the steering wheel so tight her knuckles whitened.

"that happened 3 months ago, was i that good that you can't move on?" her resolve was crumbling, her mind telling her to punch him in the face but she knew he'd only lash out instead. chook laughed and stood back up, mumbling something about how he'd text her later but she ignored him. he waved and hopped back into his car, driving away with 046 blasting from his speakers.

she sighed and put her car into drive, heading to harper's place, lighting a cigarette before pulling away from her house.

the girl frowned, thinking about what chook had put her friend through only a few weeks ago. olivia felt disgusted that she had even given him the time of day, allowing him to share intimacy with her. it was only once and 3 months ago. she had to constantly remind herself that it was only once, and it was before he ever tried to take advantage of harper with his stupid friends, it didn't make her feel any less disgusted though.

the piggott girl pulled into harper's driveway, taking a final puff of her cigarette before throwing it out of the window and honking the horn twice. her friend emerged from the house a few minutes later and hopped into the passenger side of olivia's car, immediately plugging the aux cord into her phone.