🗀 Rejection: 2

"Airi!" The two girls - Roa and Seiko shouted, running and trying to keep up with the lilac haired girl that was already a few steps ahead of them, running in high speed.

"Wait for us!" Roa shouts, waving her arms up above her head, her breath already hitching as she isn't as fast in running like Airi.

Whilst the two girls were trying to keep themselves out of the late attendance in school, Seiko had given up in running and hunched her back, catching her breath while flailing a hand in front of her. "It's just one late mark in my record" she tells herself. "It's not like my chosen university will reject me because of it." She adds, consoling herself.

Meanwhile, as Airi could see two students about to close the school gates in front of her, she moved in between the two, squishing herself between them before closing the gates behind her.

"Geez" She muttered, gasping her breath while checking the time on her wrist watch. "I made it just in time." She gulps an amount of saliva down her parched throat.

For Airi, a mark of late, even just one, in her attendance, easily annoyed her. For her, she felt like TUA or MUA could judge her for it. And so, she became heavily strict on herself - perfect attendance, no grade lower than 90 and no late records. Why was she this strict with herself? Of course, she's trying to prove a point with her mother as well.

During her sophomore year, Airi had already voiced out her desire to entire an art school after high school to her mother. While Airi expressed her desire, seeing the look on her mother's face knew that she was in for a talk with her. And so, they made a deal.

The deal was only a no grade lower than 90, she knew that she can do that. But over time, Airi added the perfect attendance and no late record. If she continued to maintain that until their graduation ceremony then she can vividly see herself entering the gates of an art school.

"We meet again." Said a voice behind Airi.

After catching her breath and wiping away the sweat under her chin and the sides of her head, she turned around to see the same boy who tried to ask her out last night. A boy who's tall with pompadour hairstyle, hand slinging his bag over his shoulder. He pointed at himself using his thumb while grinning at her.

"Remember me now?" He asks her. "We bumped into each other last night and I helped you tie the string." He adds.

Airi slowly nodded her head. "Ah. I see." she said before bowing her head to him. "Thank you so much for helping me last night. You're a life saver." She spoke to him, checking on the time on her wrist watch again.

Before Shinichiro could ask her out, Airi had already beaten him to it. "I gotta go now, I have my Literature starting in fifteen. Bye bye!" She bids, running towards the main building of the school after waving her hand to him.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

During her free time, Airi sharpened her newly bought graphite pencils from yesterday and planned to sketch her mother cradling her new baby sibling when their homeroom teacher popped inside their classroom.

"Ms Mitsuya!" Their homeroom teacher called for her attention, causing Airi to halt from sharpening her pencils. "Your mother's on the phone, please come to the faculty room."

Why was her mother calling her in school? More importantly, she should be at work after walking her younger brother, Takashi, to school hours ago. Idly standing from her desk, she placed her pencil stuck inside her sharpener on top of her table before following her teacher towards the faculty room.