019 ➪ eye of the storm

I've wrote a new book if you'd like to check it out? It's a Jurassic park book about a raptor called Sierra who's genetically modified. It's only got 2?? Chapters out right now but like this book there's going to be minimum 1 chapter a week.

Thanks,
Love you all

🫶🫶

***

I grab my weapon, securing it's place in my hand, before igniting it with pyro. The eye of the storm circling us in the air, I'm not a great fighter and being forced into fighting is not my everyday dream. . . At all.

Paimon's chirps in the background, probably cheering me on. I give her a flash of a smile before turning back around. You know what they say, never turn your back to your opponents.

Readying myself, i roll my shoulder back and get into stance. Then, I throw my weapon aiming for the monster and it hits bullseye, obviously, the eye of the storm cries in anger and falls down to the ground.

Now the easyish part, killing it.

Quickly following, I run towards it and try to pull my weapon out of its grasp. The wind around the creature not helping at all, instead it tries to put it back in place.

Bit strange since it's lodged into its face, Stupid idiot monster.

Realising the weapon isn't going to come out any time soon, I go back a few places and rummage through my bag.

"Where is it?!" I groan in whisper, "where the hell is my backup weapon?"

Am I screwed?

"Y/N!" Aether yells behind me and I risk it and look back, there he stood with a silver sword in his hand, "catch!" He warns as he throws it.

How the hell am I meant to catch that?! It's a flipping sword!

Hoping for the best, I reach my hand out and close my eyes. Worst case, I lose a few fingers.

Luck must've been on my side because the sword hilt lands perfectly in my hand. Steadying myself, I face the eye of the storm again and run towards it, the metal of the sword melting under the heat of my flames.

I only have a few seconds before the sword melts into nothing.

I can do this, totally.

Jumping in the air I pull the sword above my head and swing downwards with as much strength I have, which is not a lot, it luckily slices the eye of the storm In half.

A cry falls out of the creature before it turns into a large ball of particles and disappears.

The sword quickly follows the moster into the afterlife as the metal falls limp on the ground.

Hopefully it wasn't that expensive. . .

"You did it!" Paimon yells as she runs... floats towards me excitedly.

"Of course I did silly," I nudge her playfully, I did not expect to win. Will I ever tell her that, nope. Not at all.

Aether walks towards me and pats my back, his way of telling me I did good. I give him a large teethy smile, do you think he forgot about me breaking his sword?

"You're paying for that," he simply states, i completely freak out, I cannot pay for that. I am in short terms absolutely broke.

"Hm? Paying for what?" I ask playing it off.

He shakes his head, "my sword,"

"You have a sword? Wowza, you learn something new every day!"

"Y/N," he raises his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, can you loan me money. . . Interest free?" I plea, his eyebrows are scary I can't fight against them.

"Uhm, hello? Remember me? What about my plan? Don't you want to hear it?" Venti says to us who were standing in a group. I felt kind of bad for him as he was discarded for a short while and now he's standing on his own a few metres away from us.

He looks like a proper loner.

"Yea yea, let's hear it then," I say laughing as I pull aether and paimon to him.

This is either going to be so good or so bad and I'm leaning towards option 'get up and run away as far as possible as soon as possible'.

Oui?

***

Also, small chapter today to finish the end of last chapter. I might've tried stalling it as long as possible as I can not for the life of me write good fight scenes which is why I'm trying to practice more with the new Jurassic book since being a dinosaur book I doubt it's all fluff and rainbows... hopefully.