week one

AN: This is my third fanfic, and it's been playing out in my mind as I finished writing Love at the Forum. This Chapter is just getting to know Lacey a bit, Harry make his appearance but we get more of him as the chapters progress! Hope you enjoy, don't for get to comment and vote.
x C

MONDAY

If you ask anyone who knows me, they would tell you Gilmore Girls is my favorite show. I watch it starting the first day of fall, and plan it out accordingly so I finish the last episode on New Year's Eve. I know, I sound crazy, but that show around the holidays is just pure comfort. I love watching the small town feel. Everyone knows everyone. Rory and Lorelai have their signature spot at Luke's. It's something I've always longed for, but growing up in the Upper Eastside of New York City meant that the only thing everyone knew about anyone was whether they were new money or old, and what scandal they were involved in this week. Kinda the same, but actually not at all.

I now lived in TriBeCa with my brother and his fiancé while I went to medical school. It was far enough away from the Upper East Side, but still close enough where every holiday season, I was reminded of why I had a love-hate relationship with New York City.

I had managed to find a small little brunch restaurant up the street from my brother's loft that became my Luke's. My favorite thing about it was their seating arrangements. They would combine groups if they had to on their long tables, or sit individuals with others who also came by themselves. I had met many amazing people so far this way, not consistent regulars, but it still helped me fulfill a part of my Stars Hollow fantasy. The best part, besides the fact that they always reserved a small table for me, no one cared whether you were rich, poor, old or new. Other than that, no one bothered me, all the employees knew me, and I had access to their Wi-Fi. It was never too busy, and they always had today's hits softly playing over the speakers.

It was a Monday in September, the first day back to school and I was in desperate need of my dirty chai. I could feel the crisp morning air on my cheeks, and breathed in welcoming the first hints of fall. I made my way down to Maman and quickly entered walking past the Paper Source area and up into the sitting area. I slowed my pace when I noticed someone sitting at my table, even with my reserved sign on it.

I didn't mind, as much, because I knew they would have probably ended up sitting him there anyway, I just never had to be the one to get added to the table. I was just always already sitting there.

I approached the table and took my seat quietly, he peeked his eyes up at me from his book, a confused look on his face at first, but then he looked down at the reserved sign, then back at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, was this table for you?" He said, a British accent ever so present.

"Yeah, but it's fine. Honestly they probably would have sat you there anyway." I smiled, taking out my laptop and notebook from my bag.

He nodded, turning his head back down to his book. I opened up my laptop and Chester, my favorite server came over.

"Lacey! Hi, dirty chai?" He smiled big at me.

"Hey Chester, yes please and water." He nodded and raised an eyebrow at the man in front of me and I shrugged.

"Excuse me sir, anything for you?"

"Just a black coffee, thanks."

Chester nodded, winking at me as he walked away.

I opened up my schedule on my computer and began writing down the assignments due the first week of classes, as well as what labs I had this week in my notebook.