Two

That night, Alena jerked awake and grabbed her phone to call Caroline. "Baby?"

"Somethings not right." She says as she heard the phone ringing. "Come on, Caroline." When she didn't get an answer, she left a message. "Caroline, I know something happened and I want you to call me as soon as you get this message. I need to help you."

"What do you think happened?"

"Katherine is back. What if someone that knows that Damon gave her blood told Katherine, thinking she was Elena since I keep my hair red, gave her an idea."

"You think that Caroline was turned."

"I don't think. I know."

Stefan leaned up wondering how. "How?"

"When Emily, myself, and Caroline were younger, we did a blood pack. And now, we know somethings wrong."

Damon walked in with a worried Emily. "What's wrong with Caroline?"

Stefan was surprised causing Damon to be confused. "One of us needs to go to the hospital and check on her."

"I will." Emily says. "She won't hurt us, but she doesn't want her friend panicking and her pregnant."

"Caroline doesn't know yet."

"Well, I'll handle her. Just make sure you sister doesn't screw up our carnival."

Alena nodded as Stefan kissed her head. Emily walked out causing Damon to stare at them. "What the hell is happening?"

The redhead sighed and started from the very beginning.
~~~
"So, Caroline is definitely acting weird." Emily says as they walked through the set up. "Cotton candy set up is right here."

"Really? Describe, weird."

"She had the blinds closed." She says.

"Closed?" Alena looked at her. "You don't think someone turned her."

Emily nodded. "Yeah." She says. "I think the two of us needs to find out who did it."

Alena already knew and Emily knew too. "Katherine Pierce." They said together. "Kissing booth is over there by the entrance!"

Bonnie and Elena shared a look wondering how the hell their sisters were in charged. One was pregnant as the other one could harm someone with her magic. "How did they get put in charge again?"

"Because they know Caroline more than us." Elena says. "Plus, I think I may have realized something and I'm not ready to say anything."

"You're in love with Matt."

"Yes."
~~~
That night, Alena smiled as the carnival was going good. Everyone was having fun, they had their snacks, food, rides, etc,. Stefan saw the one girl he has been looking for and walked up behind her. He covered her eyes causing her to smile. "Guess who?"

"The love of my life named Stefan Salvatore."

He turned her around causing her to smile. "Have you eaten?"

"Not yet. Just seeing the job me and Emily did." She looked at him. "Let's go eat."

Stefan smiled as he grabbed her hand. Emly saw them and smiled as she wasn't going to bother them. She had something else to do. Look for Caroline Forbes. The girl turned and she knows it as well as Alena.

"Stefan?"

"Yeah."

"After all this, can we do something together?" She asked. "I want to spend time with the love of my life."

"Sure, baby." He says kissing her head. "I'm going to play arm wrestling against Tyler."

Alena stood beside Damon as they watched. Something bothered her, the Gilbert device effected Mayor Lockwood, and watching Tyler win against a vampire said he was totally something else. "You saw that. Right?"

"Yep. What is he?"

"That's two mysteries. One, Katherine. Two, the Lockwood's bloodline."

Damon walked over to Stefan as he asked why didn't he use his vampire strength, but Alena knew. "He did." She tells him. "Stefan, there's more to the Lockwoods and we are going to find out what."
~~~
Alena was looking everywhere for Caroline after Damon told them that she was now a vampire. Stefan was helping her as Emily went searching afraid Damon was going to kill her. "Stefan?"

"What?"

"I smell blood." She tells him. "I found her."

"Alena! Stefan! We need you!"

The two ran to see Elena holding Caroline. "Alena!" The blonde ran to her crying. "Help me."

"Always." She says. "Let's go get you cleaned up."

Stefan watched his pregnant girlfriend take her friend to the locker room to get cleaned up. He looked at his brother as Emily, Bonnie and Elena left. "Why?" He asked as they heard Emily screaming at her sister's betrayal.

"She won't make it..."

"Alena is very smart and observant. She will help Caroline." He says. "I think you owe Emily an apology."

Damon watched his brother walk away making him sigh. Caroline walked out and hugged her. "You stay and I'll go home."

"Ask Emily to stay tonight. Then tomorrow, I will help you."

"Thanks."

"Care?" She looked at her. "I'm pregnant."

Caroline hugged her crying. "I'm an aunt."
~~~
"Stefan?"

"Hey." He says causing her to look at him. "We didn't get to do much, so I compelled them to let us have some alone time."

"You did this, for us?"

"I want us to get away from the supernatural tonight."

Alena hugged Stefan. "I love you."

"I love you."

Not rushing to update this book or right doppelgänger.