Scar

Okay, so we all know the story of the Lion King, Mufasa has child, Mufasa gets killed and then Simba grows up in the jungle with Timon and Pumbaa. Meanwhile, Scar takes over the kingdom and tells everyone that Mufasa and Simba are dead. The Hyenas eat everything and the lionesses have to hunt. This is where Nala meets Simba and they fall in love and stuff. Then the four of them go back to Pride Rock and Simba has a big fight with Scar and then the Hyenas eat Scar.

But....

Does Scar deserve this??

Scar's real name is a actually Taka, which is Swahili for "waste" and Mufasa is Swahili for "king". Can you really blame him for having a name that means waste?

The throne was supposed to go to Scar, as the older sibling but he grew up to be not as well-built as Mufasa so his father (Ahadi) shouted to the entire kingdom at Pride Rock, infront of Taka as well, that Mufasa would be king.

**Pause for effect**

Now, it's quite a blow to one's self when basically you've just been told-PUBLICALLY-that you are the least favourite sibling by your father AND he has just taken your birthright off you and given it to your younger brother. He was actually quite pleased for his brother because they were real siblings and loved each other like true brothers. However, Ahadi (father) was quite short tempered and only Aru (mother) could calm him down. But, Ahadi was quite sure that Taka was only being nice about the whole hand-over-throne thing because he wanted a share of the kingdom so Ahadi ordered Mufasa not to speak to Taka.

Taka felt very left out of the family and missed the way things used to be with his brother but his mother still loved him dearly and felt sorry for him.

But I know what the burning question is now:

HOW DID HE GET HIS SCAR??!

Well, one day he met some hyenas which were annoying but included Taka in things which his family didn't do anymore so they became his friends.

Now, lions and hyenas are enemies and once Ahadi, who has a very short temper and is very strong, caught him with them once and hit him around his face once, leaving him with a scar on his eye. And Ahadi forbade him to ever speak with the hyenas again so Taka was lonely without his friends.

Also, throughout Taka's life he had been in love with a lioness called Sarabi and Taka thought that she liked him. But, as news of the hyena incident spread they never spoke to one another again.

So Mufasa started to talk to her instead.

I'll give you a spoiler...

Sarabi is Simba's mother!!!

And so you can tell that now Taka is pretty cheesed off with his brother because he's taken his throne, ignored him for years and has now stolen the love of his life.

Taka started to hate his brother.

Once, his brother apologised in secret to him, away from Ahadi and Pride Rock. And Taka forgave him.

They started play fighting, as brothers do but Taka accidental broke Mufasa's leg.

They stumbled back to Pride Rock together and Mufasa told Ahadi what had happened and..

Let's just take note here that Taka's scar had just started to heal over

Ahadi hit Taka across his eye again with all his might knocking him to the floor and widening his now-permanent scar.

So Taka went to Aru (mother) who always comforted him because she still loves him.

Aru got angry at Ahadi and they fought.... Pretty badly.

Ahadi had killed Aru.

Taka had now been deprived of his sibling, his mother, his right to the throne and the love of his life.

ALL BECAUSE IF HIS FATHER!!

Taka told everyone to call him Scar from then on to remind everyone that he met what his mother was killed for.

Mufasa and Scar were now enemies as Mufasa blamed Scar for causing Aru's death.

Scar was walking alone one day and found a drowning cub, Zira.

Zira loved Scar but he only thought of her as his friend as he loved no-one anymore.

But, as Zira told Scar of her story, they fell half in love and had a cub called Kovu.

Scar now had a plan to kill Ahadi.

The plan was a success.

But Ahadi stayed around in the stars and pops up every now and then as a big ghost in the sky.

Mufasa and Sarabi were now king and queen and with Ahadi dead, he went to visit the hyenas regularly.

But then Simba was born.

Scar had lost his chance of being king now forever.

He wanted to get rid of both Mufasa and Simba but he didn't want Sarabi killed. He just couldn't do it.

By this point Scar had told Zira, Kovu and the hyenas to wait at the elephant graveyard until further instructions.

Scar took over the kingdom and he thought that he needed a queen from the pride.

He tried to seduce Nala but she didn't fall for it and ran to "find food" when she bumped into Simba.

So he brought Zira to be queen and Kovu to be his heir.

Scar was a ruthless king because he only had the example of his father to copy.

One day Zira, Kovu, Nuka (adopted) and Vantani (also adopted) went hunting leaving only Scar at Pride Rock.

Then Simba came along and... You know the rest.

Here is the first person view of Scar when Aru was killed.

Father struck her one more time and down she fell. Lifeless. And father just walked off with his nose in the air. Mufasa followed him. Oh how I HATE my perfect little brother, a thief that's what he is. A THIEF!! He had stolen everything from me and now my mother is dead all because of my so-called father. He just killed his wife and our mother right infront of our eyes then didn't even mourn her. I wish that she would just spring back up and cuddle me close in a way that all mothers should do. But she can't. She is dead. She is in the heavens and tonight, a new star will be born and that will be her! Shining so prettily up above our heads. I look over and see Mufasa, my perfect brother. And then I see Ahadi, no tears glistening in his eyes. No sorrow for the dead. My heart hardens inside my chest, anger bubbling under the surface of my fur and tingling to the very ends of my mane. My mother is dead and I loved her with all my heart. I feel nothing but hatred towards my father.

Ahadi, my father, must die.

Scar's story I think I one of the saddest stories in the whole of the Disney Villain world but I love his sarcastic character in the film and I think that he is one of my favourites!! Stay tuned for Ursula's story next!!