Chapter Two: The forgotten

⚠️Warning⚠️

This book contains spoilers from Seasons 1-4 of the Stranger Things series!

Read at your own risk

This also contains language
that might not be appropriate for young children

This story mainly revolves around Will Byers

Please, no hate 🙏

Will's Pov

I woke up feeling dizzy, I don't remember what happened but to end up inside this dark place? Are you kidding me?

The surroundings are damp, and the air was cold, so cold to the point that I even think I'm inside a freezer.

"Hello," a monotonous voice spoke from somewhere, making me turn my head and look for where it might have come from.

"Why are you turning around?" The voice sounded confused and as though it was talking to me, so I stopped and listened.

"Why? Why aren't you looking at me? Are you mad at me?" The monotonous voice echoed throughout the darkness, making my brow furrow as I comprehend where to look.

"Are you afraid of me?" Now, the voice sounded like a girl in a horror movie sounding like it was mocking me.

"Did I hit the bullseye?" It asked me with a small giggle.

"Are you afraid of me? Are you..?" The voice sounded like it was mocking me with a lace of hurt and dullness in it.

"Huh?...ha...HA HA HA." Its laughter filled the darkness, as the sound of water dropping on a cold wet surface was heard.

"HA-HA...hah...ha," a small grunt with a loud thud was heard, and the voice, instead of a burst of mocking laughter, was filled with dread and hurt.

"Why? Why? WHY???" I heard her fragile voice breaking each time it spoke

"Why...!?" The voice yelled, and a loud sound of the ring followed.

"Why did you... left me? Am I just a game to you? Am I one of your broken promises? Am I? Am I?" Then a loud deafening silence.

The ground was wet, and a sound of sobbing came next as the stranger asked; "Why did you... lied?" A faint shiver ran down my spine as I felt a warm breath on the side of my neck. It made me flinch and look around anxiously.

Another silence engulfed us, and the sound stopped, a 'ting' and a 'cling' soon followed.

Darkness covered my eyesight, making me more unable to see my surroundings. "You..." Just then, the darkness showed me the person's mouth... "You promised." Suddenly, the darkness covered its mouth, shedding its light into the eyes of the person.

For a moment, the darkness was filled with a dark crimson light showing a small frame of a child in front of me.

The child appears to be crouched and touching its face while sobbing silently. It has a distinctly short male hairstyle with the darkest shade of black coloring it as possible.

"Why..." The child spoke, looking down, "Why, Will!!!" Tears filled their eyeballs as he looked straight at me, his heart-wrenching scream filled the air.