Chapter One: Strange Occurrence

⚠️Warning⚠️

This book contains spoilers from Seasons 1-4 of the Stranger Things series!

Read at your own risk

This also contains language
that might not be appropriate for young children

This story mainly revolves around Will Byers

Please, no hate 🙏

El's Pov

I was inside my room cleaning up the mess.

Angry for the fact that I'm not strong enough to protect Max from one.

I was putting all the dirty papers scrunching them one by one as they filled my black trash bag slowly.

I turned towards my bed, looking intensely at it. I then crouched down and picked up a bottle under it, It was the Coca-Cola bottle Max, and I had used to see where was Billy- using my powers.

My breathing shakes as I place the bottle slowly on the ground and spin it, making it let out a rattling sound.

I tried not to tear up but soon found my eyes blurred.

I remembered how Max looked while inside the hospital with a cervical collar wrapped around her tiny neck.

She was sleeping peacefully, almost as if she was dead but still breathing.

I tried to find her, and I couldn't. I even went to the Void, but I was only greeted by my incompetence, I couldn't find her, almost as if she was gone.

I kept repeatedly saying her name, starting from a low range to a scream, searching and calling for her to show up, which didn't happen.

I was dragged out of my memories as I heard the Coca-Cola bottle rattling from the floor, going from fast to slow, and it stopped.

I shuddered and gasped as I shut my eyes, trying to stop myself from crying. Just then, the clock ticks, and I sat up.

I looked at the door and heard the cabin door opening. My breathing hitched as footsteps approached the room I was currently in.

My breath sharpened as the person opened the door completely.

The door creaked as it revealed Hopper, my guardian, who I consider my dad to emerge and walked in with a serious expression only to soften once he took a glance at me.

"Hey, kid!" He said as his lips turned upward a little, slowly forming into a smile as I ran towards him, hugging him tightly.

He wrapped his arms around me as I breathed tremulously.

I cried, hugging him tightly as I sob again, and inhaled sharply.

"I kept it open," I said, almost losing my voice.

"I kept the door three inches," I said with a raspy voice.

"I know," he responded as we broke the hug.

I looked at him. "I never stopped believing."

He chuckled. "Oh, I know. it's ok. it's ok." I let out a sob again.