Chapter One: The Hider's Seeker

⚠️Warning⚠️

This book contains spoilers from Season 1-4 of the Stranger Things series!

Read at your own risk

This also contains language
that might not be appropriate for young children

This is a story mainly revolves around Will Byers

Please, no hate 🙏

( For those of you who will ask, and had noticed Chapter One was all about the build-up of the whole book, I was planning to put chapter 2 on September 30, 1987, about a year in a half after season 4 ended which was March 29, 1986)

(The entire chapter, the unknown person described here, is not revealed. Only the actions and motion of his body are described, no face yet)

Narrator's Pov

A stranger was walking in the dark streets of an unknown town as if it bore him to see the same scenery every day.

He stopped dead in his track as his breathing sharpened when he spotted a creature that had hunted him all his life. He then glared at the creature dead in the eyes.

The two glared at each other, both trying to scare one another.

Their glares soon turned into a very intense staring battle, when suddenly their staring came to a halt when the creature let out a silent growl, sounding like it was purring, making the person's mouth gape.

The creature seems to find the stranger's expression annoying as it opens its mouth like a flower and lets out a piercing yell that made the person shut their eyes forcefully, turning their head away from the sound. The creature then walked away.

The stranger with a not-so-pleased expression looked at the creature's back with malice and sighed.

He then looked around him, noticing everything was covered with slimy substances with no sign of any humans or light.

The entire place was dark and gloomy as he looked at his face in the dirty window of the decaying house right next to him.

The individual touched their face, noticing a weird expression on it; they "appeared to be disappointed," as they admired the new expression on their face.

He looked at himself with happiness showing in his eyes, finding the right emotion to express how he felt.

For others, it might have seemed a little weird to hear a normal living being who was in their right mind getting all excited just to have a new expression, but to them, it comes as a surprise.

Yes, the stranger is aware that the environment he is in is frightening and eerie, but to him, that darkness, all those strange things happening inside that gloomy place, and just the mention of the world he is in right now is unquestionably his home.

The whole surrounding area was so quiet that the only sound the person could hear was their fast heartbeat.

The man let out a gulp while proceeding to walk out of the "safe zone."

He knows the consequences of his action; he knew the risk he would face for him to be able to get the word he has always wanted: "Freedom."