Companion And Conflicts

Comincia dall'inizio

Reito: That's one of the things I hate about humans. Most of us are greedy creatures. One of many ugly attributes.

He stands up and stretches his body.

Reito: I should probably get going. I still have a long way to go toward my destination.

Ahri: Can I ask something of you?

Reito: What is it?

Ahri: Will you let me travel and fight alongside you?

She pleaded while bowing down. It took Reito by surprise.

Ahri: You went out of your way to save my life. I owe you my life.

Reito: You don't owe me anything. Can you stop bowing? 

Ahri: I must! It would be insulting to not repay the man who saved my life. Please!

He'd be lying if he said the thought of a partner never crossed his mind. Ahri decided to play her trump card and pleaded with puppy dog eyes. Even waving her tails. Reito was a nice man. But seeing a woman beg for something was something he just couldn't stomach.

Reito: *Sigh* Fine.

Ahri: Really? Oh, thank you! Thank you!

She went to hug him but ended up tackling him to the ground. She started rubbing her head along his cheeks. He managed to push her off and stand back up.

Reito: Alright. Since we're going to be traveling together from this point on, I have one thing that I want you to follow at all times.

Ahri: Anything! If it's for the man who saved my life.

Reito: This will be easy. This is an absolute rule. I want you to think and decide for yourself.

Ahri: What?

Reito: I didn't expect anything in return when I saved you. I was just doing what I thought was right. You can come and go when you like. The waves are going to be trouble, so when we're fighting, I'll protect you and you protect me. Understood?

Ahri: Understood.

Reito: Good. I have a place to get to, so let's get going.

Ahri: Of course, sir Reito.

Reito: Drop the 'sir'. Just call me Reito. I don't care for formalities.

Ahri: Okay. Where are we going, anyway?

Reito: To a city. I'm on a mission. It's still many miles away.

Ahri: Lead the way.

Reito: Great!

He nods as they start their walk toward the city. After a few minutes in, Reito couldn't help but keep staring at Ahri's white furry ears on her head. He gave them a small flick, which Ahri reacted to.

Ahri: Please don't do that.

Reito: I just wanted to see if those were real. Along with your tails.

Ahri: Of course they're real. Do you wanna touch them?

Reito: Can I? Are you sure?

Ahri: Of course.

She turned around as her tails were moving back and forth. Reito gently grabbed a hold of one and calmly stroked up and down.

Reito: (Now that's soft.)

He does another pet down as a small moan escapes from Ahri's mouth. He instantly let go.

Reito: I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do that!

Ahri: It's fine. Our tails are sensitive, so we don't allow anyone to touch them normally.