Y/N smiled widely at him. "Come inside," she whispered back while taking the box.

"What's the use of whispering, I can hear you guys clearly," Satoru said.

Ignoring Satoru, they both went inside. "Want coffee?" Y/N asked Yujji.

"Why not?"

"Oi, I'm here too," Satoru screamed standing at the door.

Y/N rolled her eyes and walked towards Satoru. She tilted her head and said, "I didn't know that you needed an invitation."

"Oh!" He stepped inside closing the door behind him. "So what are the plans for today?"

"Nothing. It's cold outside."

"Really? No plans?"

"None."

"Coffee," Yujji screamed with extending the 'ee.'

"Oh, this old dude distracted me," Y/N said pointing at Satoru. "Be back in a minute." She went into the kitchen.

All three of them were sitting on her couch. Y/N took one quilt for herself and gave one to both of the boys to share. Yujji and Satoru resembled two big raccoons trying to protect themselves from cold. They were watching first season of Tokyo Ghoul on her TV when her doorbell rang. Y/N forced herself out of the quilt and went to open the door, partially exasperated as she was expecting someone from office.

As soon as Y/N opened the door, she was mesmerized by the beauty of the woman who rang her doorbell. The woman was tall, probably five feet nine inches or more. Her pixie cut looked next to perfect on her slim face. She would have looked so cute in traditional Japanese clothes, thought Y/N.

"Who is it, little girl?" Satoru asked.

"Yor forger with a pixie cut," replied Y/N making the woman laugh. She kept looking at the woman for a brief moment then asked, "Who are you? How can I help you?"

The woman looked surprised as if Y/N had asked her out on a date. "Are you kidding me, Y/N?" she asked.

"You know me?" As far as Y/N could remember, she had never seen that woman in her whole lifetime.

"What's going on Y/N? Of course we know each other. Stop joking. I'm Mio. Mio Hashimoto. Remember... you were arres-"

"Hi Mio, how are you?" Satoru jumped in between the conversation. He put an arm around Y/N's shoulders.

"I'm very well. Is everything okay?"

Satoru told Y/N to get him a glass of water. As soon as she left, he turned to Mio and spoke like Eminem's soul had just landed inside him, "Look, this might sound weird but she had been through something really bad and lost her memory. So please act like you are meeting for the first time. She doesn't know anything about arrest and all. I hope you understand."

"Y-yeah, I guess I do."

Y/N came back with a glass of water which Satoru took from her and said, "Y/N, this is Mio from police department. She's a very good friend of mine."

"How does she know my name?" Y/N inquired. "I've never met her and she knows my name, and I'm surprised that she knows my address too. What's going on?"

"He told me your name," Mio interrupted. "Satoru talks a lot about you. Whole fucking day he's like Y/N does this, Y/N does that. You are his favorite topic." Although she was playing along like Satoru asked her to, but she was still not able to let the fact sink in that Y/N had lost her memory. There were a lot of cases she handled in her work where criminals pretended to have forgotten everything in order to evade the procedures, which was making it hard for her to believe that the girl standing before her wasn't just pretending. All she could figure out was that Y/N was hiding something, hence all this drama. She woke up from her thoughts when she noticed Y/N staring at her. In response, she raised her eyebrows as if asking what was wrong.