Chapter 2

It was all dark. I could barely make out the silhouette of a man lying on the ground. As it came more into focus I began to see more. 12 lifeless bodies scattered across in front of me. What happened? As I looked around, something snaked their way around my ankle. I looked down and someone or something's fingers were wrapped around my ankle and dug their fingernails into my skin making me flinch.
"You could have saved us"
"Why didn't you save us?"
"You're a coward"
"You're not fit to be a soul reaper" I heard them. Their voices. They were so loud ringing in my head, I couldn't stand it. I put my hands around my ears and fell to the ground, but I didn't land on the ground, instead it opened up beneath me into a dark abyss. As I fell through I embraced the darkness, I felt it, it was warm and welcoming. Then a voice.
"Join us, Ajax." The boy audibly winced at the last part. The man sat there staring at the boy trying to make sense of what was just said.
"How often does this happen?" The man responded, staring down at the boy who was shaking violently and tears forming in the corner of his eyes.
"I-I.." the boy tried to speak but his voice was breaking with every letter. The man placed a hand on the boy's arm and gave it a little squeeze.
"You don't listen to them," the man said, looking at the boy. "You are one of the most promising soul reapers I have ever met," the man said, not taking his eyes off of the boy. As the man slowly stood up suddenly a hell butterfly flew in front of him and he heard Kenpachi's voice on the other end.
"Captain! We need you! They're..they're too strong!" Kenpachi said. Sounds of fighting can be heard in the background. "Kenpachi! Kenpachi!" the old man pleaded, as the butterfly got crushed. "Are you able to stand?" he said, looking down at Toshiro. "Mhm" Toshiro said, nodding. The two flash-stepped toward the outside of the soul society. All the captains and lieutenants stood there, swords out, ready for battle. Looking up at the sky you could see 12 people looming above looking down. There was no sun so you couldn't see their faces but you could feel their glares. "Join us, Ajax." a voice boomed in the loud silence. Toshiro gripped his head in pain.
"What was that?" Byakuya said, taking his gaze off of the figures and looking around.
"Captain!" Rangiku said running over to Toshiro who was on the ground panting heavily. "What happened?" She asked, checking him for any injuries. "I'm fine," Toshiro said, waving Rangiku's hand away. Suddenly a jolt of lightning struck right behind Rangiku hitting Byakuya. Now it was Renji's turn to yell for his captain and rush to Byakuya's aid. "It's alright, a little lightning can't keep me down for long." Byakuya said, standing up with the support of Renji's arm. "Rouges...attack!" the voice boomed and the 12 figures moved swiftly and abruptly like flash-steps. Before they knew it, the Gotei 13 was surrounded by masked figures with black robes covering their whole body.
"Hand over the boy and there will be no bloodshed," a man spoke. "And why would I do that when I can just fight you?" Kenpachi said, looking at the man with a scowl on his face. "If you wish," the man said, putting his hand in the air. He made some kind of signal with his hand and the figures drew their swords and started slashing around the air. During the midst of battle the man saw who he was looking for. Byakuya. As if telepathically, the person attacking Byakuya stopped and moved away. That was when he made his move. He flash-stepped toward Byakuya and grabbed his hand that had the sword in it and twisted it backwards, breaking Byakuya's wrist. Byakuya dropped his sword and grunted in pain. The man held Byakuya's sword to his neck and smiled.

————————
A/N: I'm so sorry for not posting. School has been brutal! Anyway enjoy the next chapter