Chapter 8 Part 2

August 2013

            Jackson unlocks the front door of our apartment and we practically crash through it, causing it to slam against the wall. I jump a little and Jackson laughs. He shuts it behind us, turning the lock with one hand while trying to get my top off with his other. My hands are all over him, pulling at his shirt and raking through his hair. I don't know where to touch him first and have no plans to take my paws off of him for the entire weekend. 

            The past month has been so difficult for us, fighting, apologizing and then fighting again over the phone, text and Facetime. Neither of us wanted to give an inch because we knew that we were establishing new boundaries that we would be living with for a couple of years, at least.

            Jackson coming home for the weekend is a product of the long heart-to-heart we had after our last argument. We put all our feelings out there: insecurities, jealousy, pressure, and fear, and we realized that we were letting the tension of being apart tear our relationship open. We also realized that we loved each other enough to try and put it back together. In the end, learning to be apart actually brought us closer.

            So now he is home. It's only for a few days, but at least I'm going to get to hold him in my arms and kiss his lips. He pulls my shirt over my head and his body urges me to continue our path toward the bedroom. His shirt comes off next, then his pants are unbuttoned and left where he kicks them off in the hallway.

            Mine are a little easier since I opted to wear yoga pants when I picked him up from the airport only a few minutes ago. My bra is quickly added to the trail of abandoned clothing and he moans when his hands cup my bare breasts. His forward momentum stops, but I tug on his boxers and step back toward our bed. He removes his underwear and then pulls my panties off and tosses them over his shoulder.

            In the blink of an eye he has guided me down onto the bed and covered my naked body with his. I'm on fire for him, aching and desperate for his touch. He isn't complaining, easily reading my needs and responding with burning caresses and warm, sensual flicks of his tongue.

            I arch and he grabs my hip, pulling and holding me close to him. "I've missed you," he says, his eyes hazy with lust and desire.

            "I missed you, too," I pull his lip into my mouth and run my tongue across it. "So much." He settles between my legs and buries his fingers into my hair, turning my head so he can deepen his kiss. "I need you," I beg when he finally comes up for air and I feel him reach between us, running his fingers along my core.

            "This is going to be quick, but we can spend the whole night making up for it," he promises, his voice rough. He dips his head to suck on my neck as he enters me. We both moan in pleasure, the weeks apart having made us wound up with need. His hand trails down my thigh as he thrusts, stopping just behind my knee.

            "More," I plead, and he lifts my leg up, moving deeper inside me and answering my request deliciously. I know better than to look away from him or close my eyes, even though the pleasure builds so high I want to get lost in the bliss of our bodies moving together.

            I hold on tight to his biceps, loving the way his muscles flex beneath his tattoos, making everything seem forbidden and exciting. My body flushes with heat and my stomach tightens, teetering on the verge of oblivion. I'm torn between wanting to watch his face as he is overcome with pleasure and wanting to feel his lips on mine and the exchange of our breath as he takes me. He slips his hand between us and makes small circles on the place that is so sensitive to his touch. I hold my breath, not sure I can handle how great it feels.

            "Let go, Maddy. I need this." He looks into my eyes and I fall apart with helpless intensity, my nails digging into his back. He drives himself deep inside me and holds me close as he finds his own release.

            After a quick shower I insist we go out to the roof to watch the stars together. As he opens the blanket and spreads it out for us, I take the small white envelope I have been saving for this moment from the back pocket of my pajama pants. I hold it tightly until he turns around and offers me a hand, inviting me to sit. I slip it into his palm and place a small kiss on his cheek.

            He gives me a curious look, but his lips curl into his killer smile as he tucks his finger under the flap and pulls the notecard from the envelope. The words on the front of the card read, "We missed you." His brow furrows and he opens the card to reveal the picture of my positive pregnancy test. It's the most perfect moment. We are together again, and inside me is our baby...our future.

**WHO'S EXCITED ABOUT THE BABY??**PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT***