Arachnophobia (Peter Parker)

Start from the beginning

"I just-" I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face. "I just was kinda hoping it would've been someone else you know?" My heart throbbed as I held back tears. Heartbreak was by far the worst pain ever experienced. The problem was, you never really heal from it. Sure you can move on, but the memory is permanently branded in your mind, like a scar that never fully healed. A pain that can be experienced over and over, splitting open your heart again.

"Hey." Peter wiped a stray tear away. "Let's forget about that. For now, all that matters is the present." He gently kissed my forehead before looking into my eyes. "Besides, I'll be with you every step of the way. I'm all in." The last thing I remember was Peter cradling me while quietly singing beside me, and I knew that he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

*Time Skip*

I groaned as I looked over at the clock: 1:17 p.m. I began sitting up when two arms pulled me back down.

"Peter," I whispered only getting a soft hum in response. "Peter, it's one."

"And?" Peter's raspy voice sounded beside me. He pulled me closer to him and hummed with contentment. "I just want to stay in here with you."

"But Peter," I whined.

"Just five more minutes Y/n. Please?" Peter smiled and shone his big doe eyes at me and I couldn't resist. I cuddled back into his chest and smiled knowing I was safe in his arms.

Five minutes passed. In fact, along with those five minutes, fifty-five rolled right along as well. I turned over, expecting to see Peter sleeping, but was surprised to see an empty spot beside me. Throwing on one of Peter's sweatshirts, I slumped into the kitchen. I heard music blasting, and on the counter stood a very tall cake surrounded by a messy kitchen and a disheveled Peter. Poking his flour and frosting-clad face out from behind the cake, he gave me a goofy smile. "Hi." he grinned like a child before pointing at the delicious-looking dessert. "I made you a cake!" he stated proudly and looked at me, his smile growing even wider. "Would you like some?"

I fell in love all over again. I loved Peter's pure heart and how kind and compassionate he was. "That's mine?" I asked in awe.

Peter proudly nodded before cutting me a slice. Before handing it to me, he suddenly stopped. "I almost forgot!" he gasped. "How could I have forgotten this?" he walked over to a drawer and pulled out two candles, one with a six, and the other with a one. He handed me the plate before putting on the candles from behind.

"Really?" I glanced at him before turning the plate around. "61?"

Peter burst out laughing before swapping them. "Sorry, granny."

I gasped at the comment. "How dare you, I've never been so insulted in my life!" I stated in a poor English accent.

Peter lit the candles and began singing to me. A massive blush spread over my face seeing as how I hated being the center of attention. Peter looked at me and whispered, "Make a wish."

I closed my eyes and wished that this whole soulmate thing didn't exist, that I could choose to be with whoever I wanted.

"What'cha wish for?" Peter asked me.

I laughed awkwardly before replying. "If I told you, it wouldn't come true."

Peter lightly faked a gasp and smacked his forehead gently. "I am truly sorry madame. Pardon my lack of knowledge and common sense." Peter joked while speaking in his English accent, just as I had done before.  We both sat on his sofa and turned on the T.V. not really paying attention.   I was lost in my thoughts about my soulmate.  What if he was a really nice person?  I started sweating as I realized how close Peter and I were.

God it's so hot! I thought, before tearing Peter's sweatshirt off to keep my body cool.

Peter looked at me.  "You alright?" he asked noticing my bright red face.

"Y-yeah." I gulped.  "Peachy keen."

Peter's eyes moved from mine as something caught his attention.  I looked where his gaze was set and noticed my tattoo had caught his attention.  I quickly grabbed the blanket and yanked it up to cover my shoulder.  "It's nothing." I nervously laughed.  "My soulmate is probably a big geek about spiders."

"Y/n, that's not nothing," Peter gawked at my tattoo.  "That's the spider that's on Spider-Man's suit." His eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets.  "Spider-Man's your soulmate!!!!"

My face paled at those words, and Peter noticed.  "Isn't that a good thing?" he asked, curious as to why I looked like I had seen a ghost.

"I uh- Not if you- uh, Maybe- it's because- I uh- have arachnophobia?" I said, my voice getting quieter with each word. 

Peter's eyes widened.  "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because its a stupid thing to be afraid of!" I stated.

"No it isn't!  I used to bee scared of spiders too! Besides, your tattoo is cooler than mine.  My soulmate doesn't even exist!"

I looked at Peter confused.  "What do you mean by that?"

I watched him take his watch off to reveal the word 'Stark' written surrounded by (whatever you enjoy) on his wrist.  "That's my problem." he sighed.  "I've known Mr. Stark for a while, and I'm positive he doesn't have a daughter." I bit my lip while my thoughts raced.  Tony is my dad! But that would mean-

I jumped back five feet and grasped the wall behind behind me.  "Y-yo-you-You're Spider-Man!" I exclaimed, heart beating.  

Peter's mouth dropped open.  "How did you-"

He was interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing.  I looked at the caller's ID and, answering it, put it on speaker for Peter to hear.  "Y/n, where are you?" my dad's voice sounded through.  Peter's mouth dropped even closer to the ground. 

I laughed before answering, "Didn't you see my note? I'm at Peter's right now."

I heard some noise through the phone.  "Note? I didn't see a- Oh hey! A note!" I heard him sigh through the phone.  "Sorry, I don't know what I would do if something happened to you."

"Don't worry, I'm fine." I laughed.  "I didn't know you had a soft side."

"Love you bye!" My dad quickly ended the call.  Setting my phone down, I turned around to see Spider-Man hanging down from the ceiling.  "WHAT THE-" I breathed out a sigh of relief when I remembered it was Peter. "Peter, don't scare me like that." I walked closer to him.

"Do you wanna, um, you know, kiss?" Peter asked hesitantly.

I walked even closer to his hanging figure and pulled down his mask to reveal his lips.  I leaned in slowly and connected them, Peter's immediately kissing back.  I pulled away and watched Peter jump to the ground, completely pulling his mask off to reveal his face. 

"Hi." he said in a goofy manner.  He wrapped his arms around me. "God I love you." he sighed blissfully.

"So do I Pete," I whispered, feeling safe in his arms. "So do I."