Arachnophobia (Peter Parker)

Soulmate AU

Summary: Y/n Stark (Daughter of Tony Stark) wakes up on her sixteenth birthday, only to find that her soulmate tattoo is a Spider. Ironically, she suffers from arachnophobia. What happens when Peter Parker finds out about her soulmate being Spider-Man? What will he do when he finds out about her fear?

⚠️Warning⚠️: Language

Word Count: 1,781 (Not including the Author's Note)

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I sat up in my bed, stretching, completely oblivious of the spider that sat on the front of my right shoulder. Today was my sixteenth birthday and I had absolutely nothing to do.  But maybe I could celebrate it at Peter's house. 

Ah, Peter. There was nothing I wouldn't do for him. It wasn't just a silly crush. No, I was in love. I had always dreamed of waking up to see my tattoo as a nerdy science pun, one that Peter enjoyed.

I crawled out of the comfort of my bed and shuffled along to the bathroom. I was beginning to regret sleeping in a tank top. Goosebumps took place over my body as I pulled my toothbrush and toothpaste out. I glanced in the mirror and-

"HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "GET IT OFF!!!!" I shrieked.

My dad came running up the stairs. "What? What is it?"

My hand was shaking as I pointed to my shoulder. "I-I-I saw a Sp-pid-der."

My dad sighed, and, shaking his head, walked out of the room. I turned around to face the mirror and observe the Spider closely. It seemed to be permanent. But that could only mean-

I let out a groan. "Of course, my soulmate tattoo is a Spider." Is my soulmate an arachnologist? That was just fitting. I figured I would ask Peter later today. Ah, man. It wasn't Peter. My stomach churned at the thought of him with someone else. Shoving the thought aside, I threw some clothes in a bag, wrote a note for my dad, and headed to Peter's house. I would probably end up staying the night seeing as my dad was too busy to even acknowledge my presence. The fact that he came running up the stairs to check on me was like a little birthday present itself.

Knocking on Peter's door, I stepped back and thought of my tattoo. I was disappointed but knew this was my future. If I was supposed to be with this person, then so be it. It wasn't anything I couldn't handle-

The door flung open revealing Peter with crazy bedhead. Holy. Shit. Fuck my soulmate. Peter was the one I wanted.

"Y/n?" Peter croaked whilst rubbing his face. "What are you doing here at 5 in the morning? And why are you still in your pajamas?" It was obvious Peter had just woken up, and I regretted being the cause of it.

"I- uh," I cleared my throat, trying to keep my eyes off of his abs. "I couldn't sleep."

Peter stared at me blankly before gently tugging my wrist and leading me inside. He slowly took my backpack off and set it down. Turning around to face me, he picked me up and, cradling me like I was the most delicate thing, carefully brought me to his room and set me down on his bottom bunk. He pulled the covers over me before crawling under, wrapping his arms around me.

"Happy Birthday," he whispered. I smiled and inhaled his scent, not wanting this moment to end. But alas, reality is an inescapable thing no matter the lengths you go to. "You get your soulmate tattoo?" he asked.

I sighed. "Yeah, I guess." I buried my face in the crook of his neck, trying to keep myself awake.

I could feel his chest vibrate as he lightly laughed. "You don't sound so happy about it," he stated in his rather deep morning voice. I shrugged my shoulders, not sure how to answer. "Soulmates are an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare and very real. Didja know that?"