Sick Sloth Cuddles

Start bij het begin

"Then we can snuggle?" She whispered, giving me a pout that was amplified by her glassy eyes.

"You know I can't deny you a thing when you pout. Of course we'll snuggle. I'll be back in ten minutes ok?"

"Mkay." She replied, snuggling under the covers.

I smiled at Narcissa's cuteness even if my heart hurt to see her so miserable. I walked to the fireplace in our room and flooed to my office.

It was early. But Minerva is always up by 5 am having a cup of tea in her quarters so I used my long leg advantage and speed walked to her room.

I knocked on her door and she opened it a moment later.

"Professor Albrecht? This is quite early for you, is everything alright?" She asked, ushering me inside.

"Minerva I'm so sorry to do this, but Narcissa is really sick and I need to take the day off to care for her." I said. I felt bad. I hate taking days off of work, especially since I love my job and having endometriosis makes it hard to not take at least one day off a month, but Minerva gave me an understanding look.

"I know nothing is more important to you than Narcissa. You may take the day off. It's Friday anyways. I'll cover your classes. And give Narcissa my best." She said.

I nodded and gave her a hug.

"Thank you Minnie. I know she's going to be fine but I always overthink everything..."

"She'll be fine lass. Now go home to her." Minnie said.

I nodded and bid her goodbye, grabbing my jumper for Cissy from my office before I flooed home.

Cissy was still curled up in bed exactly how I left her but she had summoned one of my sweatshirts to sleep in while I was gone making me facepalm.

"You're back?" She croaked.

"I'm back lovey. But you have to take the sweatshirt off ok? Its going to increase your fever and I need your fever to break." I said softly, sitting next to her. I brushed the bangs sticking to her forehead out of her face as she groaned.

"But its so comfy. I'm so cold Eda." She whimpered.

"I know baby. I'll keep you warm ok? But you have to take it off if you want snuggles."

"Fine." She huffed, taking the sweatshirt off. She sucked in a sharp breath and moaned in discomfort at the cold air hitting her achy body.

"Shhh its ok baby. Its ok. Lay down and I'll come to bed." I said softly, taking the sweatshirt from her.

Her glassy eyes glistened even more with tears as she nodded, trying not to cry.

I quickly transfigured myself into new pajamas and crawled into bed and opened my arms for her to roll into.

She did immediately, hissing at my "cold hands" on her overheated body.

"Its ok Cissa. You'll warm up in a bit I promise."

Despite the discomfort, she wrapped herself around me, like the baby sloth she is and tried to still her shaking.

"Its ok to cry Cissabug. You can cry." I said, running my fingers through her hair.

"Don't wanna be weak." She mumbled into my chest.

"Crying doesn't make you weak. It makes you strong. Let it out, and when you're done, we can watch a movie ok?"

Thats all she needed to let go.

She cried for a few minutes while I held her in my arms, whispering praise and reassurance to her until she calmed.

"Feel better doveling?"

She nodded and pecked my cheek.

"Thank you bumblebee. I'm so lucky to have you." She croaked.

"I'm the lucky one darling. How about a movie? What would you like to watch?"

"Lilo and Snitch." She sniffled, giving me a small smile.

I snorted.

"I'm not even gonna correct you this time. You're far too cute for your own good." I said, turning on the movie for us.

She burrowed herself deeper into me as the movie went on and she fell asleep about half way through.

After Lilo and stitch, I put on the princess diaries because Narcissa loves the movies and so do I. She woke up after two hours, about 30 minutes into the new movies and adjusted her body so her head was on my chest instead of in the crook of my neck, which was a lot more comfortable for both of us.

"I hate being sick." She sniffled.

"I know my love. But I'm here, and I'll always take care of you. In sickness and health right?"

"In sickness and health. As much as I hate being sick, I love having you all to myself." She said.

"As do I."