Chapter 16- To Notice the Forgotten

Start from the beginning

"Is this your idea of a date?" She asked. I raised a confused brow until I remembered what she was referring to, and quickly hid my face in the crook of her neck as she laughed, going to use her free hand to stroke through my hair.

I was so desperate to spend time with her, I didn't even think of the possible ways I could do that, like asking her out on a simple date, and instead jumped at the first thought of sex.

"What kind of date do you want to go on?" I asked, realising that the last time I went on a date was a few years ago with my last ex, who I almost forgot went to the store opening yesterday, at the very least, I'm glad she was too occupied with flirting with other business magnates to spend time in bothering me.

"Something fun," She replied, momentarily shoving me away as she went to scrape the eggs out of the pan and into two plates where I saw some sausages, beans, and toast already waiting.

"That doesn't help much," I stated, taking the plates from her hands as I led us back to the dining room, and noticed her following me with a small, amused smile on her face.

"I don't know. I've never been on a date before, so I don't know what to do. Don't people usually go on walks, to dinner, the movies, or amusement parks? Things like that?" The fork which I had just picked up in my hands, slipped through my fingers before it fell on the plate with a loud sound as I looked at her with large eyes.

Things I took for granted were all things that she never had the joy of experiencing.

"You've... Never been on a date before?" I whispered as she shook her head, giving me an odd look before going back to eating her breakfast as I continued to stare at her.

"When would you think I had time to go on a date? I was always pining after you, I never even spared a glance at another man, and just when I got over that silly crush, you jumped back into my life as if you never disappeared." She spoke as if she didn't mind, but she had no idea about the guilt that started eating away at me.

This woman... Could she be real?

Before I knew what I was doing, I had jumped out of my chair, and pulled hers back, kneeling in front of her as she choked on her food, covering her mouth as she coughed at my sudden action.

"What are you doing?" She whispered, going to gulp down her glass of water as I took her hand in my own, kissing her knuckles while her face lit up with an embarrassed blush.

"Will you... Dahlia Tarantino... Give me the privilege to take you on your first date?

"If I recall correctly, I already said yes yesterday. Did you forget?" She asked, laughing at my dramatic actions.

"I didn't forget. But now I know that I need to make it the best date ever," She continued to laugh, shaking her head as she did, but I was being serious, and catching onto that seriousness, she breathed out a light breath before nodding her head.

"I will be delighted, Mr Romano," Grinning, I leaned up a bit as she leaned down, our lips touching with the heat of the moment as it did every time we kissed, it only ever left me craving more.

Moving back, I held her hands in mine, peppering them with kisses as I refused to break eye contact. How could I have been so blind to have never noticed her? This beautiful soul that was both a teasing seductress, and an innocent lady.

I had been indifferent to her our whole lives, but no more. I've noticed her, and not only that, but I was completely entranced by her, not the old or the new her, but her as a whole. Dahlia Tarantino, she may not have known it, but I had somehow become hers.

"Oh my! Am I intruding?" We both jumped, shooting our heads around to catch the source of the voice, and I groaned, feeling my head fall onto Dahli's lap when I saw who it was.