"Are you serious Dewayne?"

"Yes, I want you to be mine, all mine. So what do you say?"

"I—."
*************************************************
"Nic! Nic!" I pulled the covers tighter over my head to block out the noise. I was hoping the voice would just go away, so I could go back to my dream. I guess today is not my lucky day because the person to whom the voice belonged to bust into my room and he snatched the covers off of me.

"Nicole, I know your *ss heard me."

"Leave me alone, Dewayne." I groaned. I reached down for the blanket, but he completely removed them from the bed causing me to roll my eyes. I reached over the nightstand to grab my phone and checked the time: 7:53.

"Did you forget that you promised to take me to the airport?"

"Your flight is at 1:25 and it's not even eight yet."

"You gotta make me breakfast."

"You do know that you drove past several drive thrus before you got here and they sell food at the airport, right?"

"Why do I need to spend that money when I got you?"

"Well, I don't work for free. Pay up and I'll make the breakfast right now."

"You so f*cking greedy." He grumbled before placing two fifties into the palm of my hand.

"Let me make sure it's real."

"Stop playing with me and get up."

"Rude, but thank you sir." I placed the bills into my pillow case. I sat up from the bed and stood up, going into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and put my hair into a messy bun. I need to get a fresh set of tape ins as soon as possible. "Now, what if I was naked when you came in?"

"You trying to hide something?"

"Yes. Only my man is allowed to see my goodies."

"The one you ain't got?" He smirked.

"F*ck you Dwayne." I left the room and made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

Despite the dream I had, Dewayne is not my man in any shape or form. He is only my best friend, but I've had a crush on him since we were 8. He has a girlfriend who is actually a nice person. Her name is Kennedy. I respect their relationship. I guess I've been too chicken to tell him how I really feel about him.

I spent the night at my Mom's place because she invited me over for a dinner. She and her longtime boyfriend had an announcement to make, which was that they were getting married. Charles has been around for as long as I can remember. I don't know why, but I've never liked him like that. But since he's been around for this long and they're about to take their relationship to the next level, he must be doing something right. I wish them the best.

"Nic, I was just joking."

"Whatever."

"I didn't mean it that way. You've seen me naked before."

"That was an accident because you kept your room door wide open after taking a shower when you had guests in your house. You nearly blinded me from that sight."

"I know you've never seen one that big."

"You know what Dewayne? Just stop talking."

"You know you love me."

"Keep believing that." I saw my Mom sitting on the couch, sipping on a mug. "Good morning Mom."

"Good morning baby."