Relieving The Past (CH.67)

Start from the beginning

I took some moments to debate this in my head, but what happened next, told me that maybe I should've done something sooner. Just as I started planning how to take care of this two, the floor below us got suddenly unstable, and even a bit dusty.

This made me panic a bit, so I frantically turned to look around me, when my eyes landed on the girl with the degrading quirk. She wasn't fully awake, I bet she was probably still half unconscious, but that didn't stop her from sending some waves of her power at us.

This sudden change completely ruined our fight, as the three of us suddenly fell down the small pit, losing our balance and lading on top of each other. Mostly as an instinct, I helped both of them not fall down, and it was too late when I realized that I had touched the fear girl.

The last wall of defense against her quirk was my suit, since it covered me entirely and stopped any contact, but as I helped the two of them up, the dinosaur guy passed his over to my other side and touched my arm.

This made me snap back, so I instantly threw a powerful kick to his gut, making him pass out in pain, however, as she fell down to the floor, he gripped to my arm tightly and ripped quite a big spot of my suit.

My suit immediately tried to cover it up with some more material that was still stored, but it wasn't fast enough to cover it before the girl got to it first, since her hand was basically already on top of me.

Still, she only got to slightly grace me with the tip of her finger when I instantly back up and shoved her off me. I wasn't sure if it had worked. I didn't feel different from my usual self, but she had completed the conditions for her quirk to work, so it probably was a matter of time, meaning that I had to get out as soon as possible.

Nothing else seemed to be a threat at the moment, so I looked at the degrading quirk and took her quirk. It took me a bit over a second, maybe two, but I had to concentrate quite a lot due to how complex it actually was. A bit amazing to be honest.

Once I was done with that, I looked a bit to my surroundings, just to see if the fear had set in, but I was still good, so I got to work. I kneeled down, as started burying some of the students that I fought underground, just so they wouldn't wake up. Starting with the Dinosaur guy and the fear girl, since they were the most recent.

I was getting done with the guy when the girl screamed. "Hey, you! Notice anything different?" Almost as if she also wanted to know if her quirk had worked on me. At that very moment, a flash or something like that seemed to pass through my face and disorient me for a moment, but easily got my senses back and said.

"Not at all. Seems like you have to work on your quirk." I was just going to shrug her off, but she only smirked and chuckled at my comment, something that also seemed to make it harder to for me to use my quirk, and the degrading of the ground below her became slower.

"Are you really sure?" She asked to me. "Sometimes, it just takes its time. It sets in inside you, and looks as deep as it can inside your mind...looking what you're the most afraid of. Basic people normally get scared by monsters or villains, so it's easy, though, that doesn't seem to be the case with you. You're different, profound, but in the end, human. No human fears nothing. Even you are scared of something." She finished, looking at me dead in the eyes, with the most annoying, frustrating, and kind of scary grin I've ever seen.

Her words drilled through my head, stabbed me like daggers, and the more 'pain' I felt from them, the more I could her that sound. I don't know what it was. It started of low and slow. I could barely hear it every ten or twelve seconds, but it got louder, and rumbled through my head faster. Then, another sound joined in, some kind of laughter. A proud laughter that irritated me, and made me feel...defenseless, for some reason.