"Thanks."

I don't care that I get special treatment when I'm pregnant. I enjoy having people do things for me. I will most certainly take advantage of it.

Steve and I return to Natasha at our table. We talk and catch up about what everyone has been up to.

***

I unlock my front door and walk in.

"Mama!"

I laugh and bend over as my son runs to hug me. I hold onto him, picking him up in my arms as I stand back up. "Oh monkey, what have you been up to?" I wipe a spot of paint off his cheek.

"Me and daddy were doing pictures on the walls!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah but mommy wasn't supposed to know about that."

I look over to see my husband walk in, wearing just jeans. He's covered in paints of all colours.

He walks over to me.

"Mommy already knew" I whisper.

"Of course she did... hi doll."

"Hi baby." He kisses me.

"Ewwwwwww!"

Bucky and I laugh.

"Kisses are so gross!" Our son whines.

I glance at Bucky. He nods knowingly. We each kiss one of his cheeks for a few seconds, sandwiching him between our lips.

"Ew!" he squeals with laughter.

Bucky ruffles his hair. I smile at my boys.

"How was lunch?" Bucky asks me.

"Oh you know what, I will tell you all about it, but first you gotta take George."

George Steven Barnes.

"Yeah, go to daddy" I pass him over. Bucky bounces him on his side. I put my hand on my hip and sigh heavily.

Bucky tickles George's stomach. I hear his adorable little laugh. Bucky looks up a minute later.

"They're engaged" I say.

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"I gotta call Steve. Need to tell him I'm his best man."

I scoff and shake my head. "And congratulate him."

"Yes of course... hey bud you wanna go to Uncle Stevie and Aunt Natty's wedding."

"Yeah! Let's go now! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" George claps.

"Oh, no" I moan.

"What's wrong?"

"No kids allowed."

"Seriously? We're their best friends. We need to go."

"We will. We're gonna need a sitter."

"I don't wanna leave my little princess with a babysitter." Bucky frowns and puts his hand on my stomach.

Our daughter.

"She'll be just fine" I assure him.

"Daddy, can we show mommy the baby room now?" George asks.

"I'm sure she'd love for you to show her." Bucky puts George down and he grabs my hands. He pulls me towards the nursery. Bucky follows.

George let's go of my hand when I'm stood in the doorway. He runs over to the wall and points. "Look it's my pictures!" There's colourful smudges on the white wall. My eyes drift away from them.

Bucky hugs me from behind. "I'll paint over it."

I don't care about that. On the opposite wall, there's a mural of animals in a forest. It all looks perfect, from every large deer to every tiny butterfly.

"Did you do that?" I whisper.

Bucky rests his chin on my shoulder. Both his hands are holding my stomach. "I thought she'd like it."

"Bucky..." It's amazing. That's an understatement. I can't describe it with words. "Bella will love it."

Isabella Natalie Barnes.

I turn around and face Bucky. I hold his face in my hands and kiss him. I close my eyes and hug him, pressing my ear against his chest. I listen to his heartbeat.

"I love you" I mumble.

"I love you more."