Chapter Three

It takes ten minutes for Bruce to deal with my injuries.

There's not much he can do other than wait for them to heal, but he cleaned and disinfected some of the cuts.

After he finishes, he goes to check the results of the blood test.

I can seem him frowning as he studies the information in front of him.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"I'm not sure" he says, but quickly adds: "It's probably nothing to worry about, I just need some time to figure out some things."

"Oh, okay."

"Why don't you go and come back this evening? I should hopefully know by then."

I nod slowly. I couldn't help worrying. But before I have the chance to zone out, Bucky picks up my hand.

"Come on doll. Let's go find something to distract you" he suggests.

I smile in agreement but I don't stop thinking about it. It's still early on in the morning, half eight according to the clock we pass on the way out.

That's quite a few hours until evening. Nine or ten at least.

What we can do to fill that time, I don't know.

Bucky seems to have a few ideas.

We walk into the living room where I collapse onto the couch, but Bucky frowns at me.

"What?" I ask.

"What are you doing?"

"Apparently something I'm not supposed to?"

"Get up, we're going out."

"Oh, are we now?"

"Mhm."

"And what are we doing?" I question as I stand up and we begin to walk.

"Ah, it's a surprise" Bucky smirks.

"You have no idea?"

"No, of course I do."

"Mhm."

On our way out, we run into Sam, Steve and Tony.

"Hey guys" I greet them.

"Hi y/n, Bucky" Steve smiled. "Where are you guys off to?"

"I... don't actually know" I laugh.

"Day out" Bucky says. "Wanna come?"

"Sure" Steve agrees.

"Count me in" Sam decides.

I look expectantly at Tony.

"I'm sorry, I can't. Bruce says he needs my help in the lab."

"He does?"

"Yeah."

I'm about to ask why before Bucky interrupts me, putting his arm around me and speaking first.

"Okay. We'll see you later Tony."

"Bye guys" Tony waves and walks off.

"It's okay doll" Bucky says when he sees the look on my face. "I'm sure it's nothing. Let's just go out and enjoy ourselves."

I force a smile and we go out to Bucky's car. He opens the door for the passenger seat and I climb in, then he goes to get in the drivers seat while the guys sit in the back.

He starts driving.

"Are you gonna tell me where we're going now?" I ask.

"No" Bucky smirks. "But it'll be fun."