Chapter Nineteen

Neither you nor Bucky told anyone that you were on the way home.

When you arrive back, none of them are expecting you.

Bucky takes you to the kitchen so he can make you some brunch.

No one's in there. You sit at the table and watch Bucky cook. After a while, you start to feel a little light-headed. Bucky was frying eggs. You close your eyes as you inhale the smell.

Bucky hears a bang behind him. He looks back over his shoulder. Your face down on the table.

"Y/n?"

No answer.

Bucky walks over to you and crouches down beside your chair. He gently rolls your head onto its side and sees your eyes shut. He realises you've fainted. He smiles softly and kisses your forehead. He stands and returns to cooking for you.

Only a couple minutes later, you groan and sit up. Bucky's sliding the finished eggs onto a plate stacked of food. He walks over to the table with it.

"You feel okay, doll?"

"My head hurts" you pout like a child.

"Aw, baby" Bucky chuckles. "Cmon, let's eat. You'll feel better."

"If you say so."

Bucky gets up and grabs cutlery for the both of you, and you share the plate.

As you eat, company arrives. Natasha and Tony.

"Y/n!" Nat exclaims.

"You're back" Tony comments.

"Hi guys."

They both come and hug you, one on each side.

"How you feeling?"

"I'm okay for now, but I think I might lose it if one more person asks me that question" you joke.

"I'll warn the others" Tony laughs. "So if you're okay, how do you feel about a party? We should celebrate now that everything's okay."

"Oh, um-"

"No, Tony" Bucky answers for you. "We got back from the hospital less than an hour ago."

"I'm not thinking tonight or anything. Maybe when you feel a little better."

"The recovery's going to take a few weeks at least."

"Okay then we'll wait a few weeks. We'll celebrate when you've made a full recovery."

"Tony" you decide to speak for yourself. "I think I'll pass on a party this time. I don't really want to be reminded of what happened for an entire evening. I just know everyone will keep asking how I'm doing and I don't want that. I'm sorry Tony."

"No that's okay. It makes sense."

"But you know, I'd still love to spend time with everyone. Could we do, like, a movie night? Tonight?"

"Yeah that sounds fun" Tony agrees.

"I'll go tell the others now" Nat offers.

"Oh, I'll come with you."

You stand up. You pause as your head feels dizzy. It passes in seconds. You take a step towards the door but Bucky stands in front of you. He places one hand on your waist and his other hand on your cheek. He kisses you. "Take it easy, okay?"

"Mhm." You kiss him again.

"Do me a favour?"

"Mm."