Chapter Five

Bucky wakes up to find you gone. Again. Fourth night in a row.

The second night you had woken up in the hallway outside Tony's bedroom.

The third night you had woken up on the couch in the living room. At least it wasn't on the floor.

Bucky begins to wander around the compound to find you.

He is relieved when he sees you wide awake, sitting up at the kitchen table, staring down at the phone in your hand.

He is less thrilled when he sees the look on your face.

You notice him as he sighs and sits next to you. He kisses your cheek but your expression doesn't change.

"Apparently you should seek medical help if you first start sleepwalking as an adult. And if it happens often, like" you glance at your phone and read: "more than one to two times a week."

You look back up at Bucky.

"It's happened four times in four days, baby."

Bucky hesitates to respond.

"Where did you wake up this morning, doll?" he asks after a moment.

"Outside" you whisper.

"Outside?"

"Mhm. Next to my car... the door was open."

"What?"

You pause for a moment.

"Bucky, I think I drove somewhere."

"What?" Bucky repeats, more nervous now. "Do you know where?"

You shake your head. "I still don't remember getting out of bed at all... But the car door was open. And the keys were in the passenger seat."

You look back at the phone in your hand. The screen has just dimmed, so you tap it to keep it on. It displays the website you had been reading from.

"There's something wrong with me..."

"No" Bucky instantly interrupts. "There is nothing wrong with you doll. Whatever's going on, we'll figure it out. It's gonna stop."

"But it's already happened four times" you remind him. "It's not normal."

"Okay, y/n, if it happens again tonight, we can go see a doctor or something tomorrow" he suggests.

You half-smile, gratefully.

"Thank you baby."

You lean over the table and give him a kiss.

"I love you" Bucky whispers.

"I love you too."

You kiss again for a moment.

"Bucky" you mutter.

"Yes doll?" Bucky asks and quickly pecks your lips again.

You open your eyes after your kiss and gaze into his.

"Do you mind if I sleep in a different room tonight?"

"Why?"

"I, um, I read somewhere that when a person sleep walks, they can often have- have violent episodes during sleep or- or when they wake up... and I don't want to hurt you."

"I don't think you could ever hurt me" Bucky smiles softly. "But if it would make you happier for us to sleep in different rooms-"

"It would."

"Then okay. But you can stay in our room baby, I'll find somewhere else."

"Sure?"

"Of course."

"Thank you."

"No problem. I'm gonna do anything you need me to until you feel better... including" he kisses you quickly. "... distracting you" he kisses you again. As he does, he reaches for your phone and takes it out your hand. You let him. "Don't want you... sitting here worrying... not if I can help it." He persists to give you small kisses amongst his words.

You sat back in your chair and Bucky sat back in his.

"I love you so much" you smiled.

"I love you more y/n."

"So what's your plan to distract me today?"

"Hm, we'll see what the others are doing and we'll come up with an idea together" Bucky says as he stands and reaches out his hands to pull you to your feet.

He guides you out the kitchen and towards the lounge where you find Tony, Nat, Clint and Sam.

Bucky asks them if they want to go out with you for the day and they all agree.

"What were you thinking?" Tony wonders.

"We were hoping you had ideas" you laugh.

"It's a lovely day outside, we should take advantage of that" Nat recommends.

"Beach day?" Clint suggests.

"Ooh yeah let's go to the beach" you grin.

"Okay that's settled" Bucky says. "We'll meet you by the cars in about half an hour?"

Everyone nods and splits up to get ready.

You go back to your room with Bucky and you both change. You take longer than him, so he sits in the bed watching you. You wear a bikini with a pair of shorts over the top, then notice Bucky looking.

"You okay?" you laugh.

"Of course" he stands up from the bed and kisses you. "You're so beautiful doll."

You giggle and kiss him back. "Come on, we don't want to keep the others waiting."

You go outside to the cars where everyone else is. The others had found Steve, Thor and Bruce, so now everyone's coming.

You split up into different cars. You go in Bucky's car with him, of course. Sam and Steve go with you too.
Tony drives another car with Bruce in the passenger seat and Thor, Nat and Clint sitting in the back.

On the way to the beach, you and Sam sing Mamma Mia karaoke while Bucky and Steve are forced to listen.

You stop for Starbucks on the way so arrive after the others do.

"And where's my drink?" Tony asks when he sees you get out the car with your cup.

"Oh if you wanted a drink, you should've come in the better car" you laugh, then offer him a sip of your Frappuccino anyway.

Together, everyone heads to the beach.