34 ~ Happy Honeymoon

Mulai dari awal

"This was planned just to convince me to get married to Rabia. And, Because Rabia's father is related to my mother and he is a powerful Sultan of the extremely rich and powerful Sultanate of our neighboring state, who supported me often in the wars with his armies and materials when I was a kid and if he ever asks me to get married to his daughter and I deny it. It will simply be taken as an offense and then... he might think of raging war against us. Which I do not wish to see as we are still in our developing state and war against him is always a destructive option with no one remains at last,"

I gulped as this information hit me differently too. That was why he was not directly offending Rabia because he did not want any war now.

"Ruhani, I just want to avoid it until they themselves understand that there is no chance for Rabia in my life,"

I looked up at him. He also looked back at me and I just smiled.

Understood.

I understood all this very well. But, I did not know how to help him. He was surely not into Rabia as he was already putting immense effort to get rid of her. And, him making himself sick like this explained a lot.

Suddenly, I felt his warm hand on mine as he slowly took my fingers to his lips and kissed me lightly. A sudden little smile appeared on my face and he asked.

"Forgiven?"

I nodded and his stare into my eyes turned into an intense one.

"Should I take the medicine?"

He asks all of sudden in a deep voice.

My smile vanished as I thinned my eyebrows to understand what he just asked.

"I mean...umm,"

He took a pause and looked around hesitantly as if he was searching for the right word. Suddenly, he leans closer to my ear and mutters.

"The medicine --- It... it contains...,"

His hot voice fans over my ear bringing goosebumps over my neck and a chill down my spine when he continued.

"Mehram, it contains the herbs that fill extra energy and heat into your body to fight the fever. And, one of its disadvantages is... you feel attracted, driven, and tempted for --- copulation,"

He finished and I tilted my face to look into his red feverish eyes which were still dangerous. And, I shivered suddenly with a loud knock on the door.

I immediately stood up and Sultan said.

"Come in,"

A physician stepped in with a cup securely covered and greeted us. We both greeted him back as he hands the cup to him.

"Sultan, the in-charge told you to remind me of its consequences again,"

Sultan looked at me for a moment and then replied to him.

"Do not worry. I know all of it,"

Then he sips by sip finishes all the content of the cup and hands over the empty bowl.

The physician then left but not before reminding him to take a rest. 

And then, immediately after Nagina arrives with the big news.

"Sultan, Badi Begum, Shehzaade Saaed, Shehzaadi Adeena, and Shehzaadi Rabia are leaving,"

A knot formed in my stomach realizing I would be completely alone with him in this Empire.

"Ruhani,"

I looked at Sultan as he sides the comforter and stepped down the bed. He wore his Kurta and asks me.