smell the flowers

POV:?????

"smell the flowers with me, Esther" I  spoke as a small being emerged from the tall grass, trudged towards me, and squatted down next to me, drearily rubbing her eyes with her hand to look at the flowers I was talking about.  I reach for a flower and direct it to her so she can smell it too. "what flower is this one mama?" she looked with curiosity written on her face, "chrysanthemum. it also makes quite a fine tea." I say as I pluck a few of the flowers from the field and put them in a basket "are these daisies?" " no my love those are asters and some very pretty ones at that. should we take some of those homes too?" I look over to her and waited for a reply only to realize that she had fallen asleep still squatting "I'll take that as a yes then." putting the flowers in the basket i stand up and start brushing my skirt off looking over to the young girl right as she fell causing me to giggle a bit and hurrying to pick her up off the floor cradling her in my arms i walking over to a citrus tree with a nicely placed blanket set up just underneath it, but just before i put her on to the blanket she clings on to my dress tightly begging not to be put down.

                  i sit on the blanket with the girl still in my arms wishing to never leave this eternal bliss i feel for the sight was just so charming, the smell was flowery with the slight hint of tangerine, the feel was warm and calming, but the best part of it all was i finally had a kid. and with that thought i drifted off, however once i awoke i was cold, and in pain i could still smell the flowers though and the citrus scent had grown stronger and more pungent. i was physically weak but i had to see where the sent came from, with as much strength i had left i opened my eyes causing a flood of brightness made me flinch. it felt as if it were only me in the room until a familiarly angelic voice sung from across the room. "i see you are awake now madam"