Chapter 5 - I saw you drool

Thank God it's Saturday.

It's good to stay in bed all day, watching the maze runner, eating popcorns, and my day will be as pleasant as my little bunny bear. This will be an amazing weekend.

It's eight o'clock in the morning. I'm cuddling my bunny bear, still sleepy. I think it's better if I have to sleep all day. I'll watch netflix in the afternoon though.

My phone buzz, I sneak my phone in my bedside table, one-eyed open.

"Yeah?" My voice croaks

"Get your ass up Riley you need to cook for Ms.
Rachel today"

"Wha-att?!" I staggered as I instantly sat in bed.

She answered on the other line and hang up.

Shit.

My day is doomed. I just want to lay in bed all day. I don't want to do anything and then I will have to cook for Ms. Rachel. It's still early I forgot I have an obligation to do so.

I hurriedly took a shower and put my clothes on. I will only have to wear sweatpants and shirt on then I rush downstairs and pour the cereal in my whole mouth. Seriously? I don't have time for breakfast. This is so fucked up.

Maybe I'll prepare spaghetti for them today and put a bowl for me secretly. Good idea. I laugh at my taught. I'm still hungry and I need to eat there when I prepare. Very witty Riley.

I put my phone in my pocket and walk down the street. Yes you heard it right. I don't have a car and mom's already at work so I need to walk. It's near, there's no need to protest.

I'd wish I won't see Malcom. I'm still embarrassed for what I said to him. But that was satisfying though. I hope he won't get another trick.

Finally a few steps away I can see their house. Their door is slightly open when I was about to knock. Why did they leave this open?

I peeked through the open door and I see Rachel in the living room, cleaning. I finally knock two times and she heard it, realizing it's me.

"Come in dear" She welcomes gracefully. I think she's on the good mood.

"I am sorry I didn't get on time" I apologize to her.

"No dear it's fine, it's still early" She smiles and guides me to the kitchen. Asking her what she wants me to cook but she wants me to decide what is good to eat this time.

"Do you like spaghetti?" I asked enthusiastically.

She beam "Yes of course! Malcolm also love spaghetti since he was a little "

I scrunched my nose when I hear his name but I shook my head, pretends to smile confidently.

"Really? that's great. Uhm-m do you have pasta in here?" I decided to change the subject.

"Yes its inside the drawer dear, okay you start now I'll just continue my work 'cause the carpet needs to be cleaned."

I nod and smiled " Okay Rachel" she smiled back.

I love her look today. She look even younger for like 10 years. She looks so amazing. I wonder where Malcolm got his genes obviously.

I already got all the recipes and I started cooking first the pasta and then the spaghetti sauce. It smells so good. Now i need to get a bowl for me 'cause I'm still hungry. I can hear a rumbling sound inside my tummy. Oh my God.

I get a bowl inside the cabinet and put two scoops of spaghetti. Well, this is fine because I will also taste what I made while getting full. I chuckles in my mind. I consumed and no doubt it really tastes good. Fortunately, I still have my talent for cooking. Thank God.