Chapter 10 - Justice

I don't know why, but I look down to avoid her gaze. Her friends keep smiling at me.

“The food hasn't arrived yet, huh? Have you gone hunting the sea urchins now?”

“Be patient, PP We ask for a lot, so we have to wait.” Kate responds to calm her down. Khun Sam remains restless. She's looking at me.

"Are you hungry?"

"No."

Not long after, a waiter approaches. The table is full of delicious dishes. It's worth registering for social networks. They all take out their cell phones and take pictures to post on their social media, except Khun Sam.

“Don't you want to take a picture?”

"No I do not want. For what?

“Mon, PP doesn't do these things. The only thing she does is eat. By the way, you better update your networks, or the fans who follow you will be disappointed… Smile for the camera, PP”

My boss's serious face says she's annoyed, but she keeps smiling for the camera. Since meeting Khun Sam, I've only seen her smile once in the office and that smile was scaring the team. And now she's smiling the same way.

A fake smile. So different from 10 years ago.

"Right. I will post first.”

Khun Sam's photo is posted. I take out my cell phone to see her picture. I wonder why the photo was posted on Khun Sam's account, since Kate took it with her own cell phone.

She hasn't touched her cell yet.

“How do you have access to Khun Sam's account?”

Kate responds with a smile as she enjoys her plate.

“I own her Instagram account.”

"There is?"

“Do you follow this account? Do not do it. It's all fake. I was the one who posted all that.”

I blink my eyes in surprise. It's hard to understand. Tee, who sees me confused, tries to explain.

“PP doesn't know how to use social media. Just the Line app, which she created herself to chat with us. Also, we manage the account because it's high society… See? On her Instagram there is a lot of work content, little personal stuff… And all the information in the magazines is false.”

shocked…

I look at Khun Sam. She raises her eyebrow.

"What's it?"

“All you said to the magazines is…?”

"Is not mine."

Double shocked! Okay, my head is blank right now. I'm trying to understand everything. I followed her life and all the information I read in the magazines, but now everything is false. I need to reset everything.

"I'm confused." I'm shaking my head like I'm trying to relocate the information I just received. “You mean none of the interviews are true?”

“I don't want to tell anyone about my life. I don't understand why they want to know if I prefer cats or dogs, favorite color or what my dreams are? What do they get out of it?”

“Our PP lives in a bubble. They just want to know about your life for inspiration.”

I barely focus on what they're saying, I'm still shocked by the 10 years of false information I've collected. It's worth nothing now. Nothing is real. What's happening?

"So that means you don't like red, you don't own a kindergarten school, and you don't like R&B music right?"

They all look at each other because it looks like I'm going to freak out at any moment. Tee nudges me to remind my mind to go back to the real world.