[3]

🦁
[LE'PARIS]

"You did what I told you?" I asked JayDee leaned away from the table a little bit.

JayDee nods his head, looking up from the blunt he was about to roll.

"Shit wasn't easy. I was driving way too fast and almost hit another car," Jay said before I could respond another voice joined the conversation.

It was Hallow, "You're always high, stop getting high and maybe you wouldn't have that problem." I let a laugh while Jay only gives him the finger and continued rollin' up.

"Nigga you talking like you don't smoke. Hate you fake woke ass niggas and besides I don't get high while doing jobs."

Jay was right though, neither of us smoke before or during a job, it's not good and a lot of things could go wrong.

Being high doesn't work, but AFTER it's the best thing especially to relax.

"Then why you almost crash?" That voice came from Kenny, he came into the living room with a black bag in his arms.

"It was raining, I just wanted to get the job done."

Jay was always in a rush, I spoke to him about that when we were growing up.

Moving fast gets you nowhere, it's okay to slow down.

I shook my head. backing away from the table, making my way towards Kenny, who was counting money.

"How's your son doing?" I asked sitting next to him on the couch. "He's good, he's starting to walk." I could see Kenny's smile, it's something he always did but when talking about his child, it was brighter than normal.

I knew a lot about the ones I had working for me, even Sleazy, who thinks I know nothing about him.

From their families, friends, enemies, lovers. I knew. I had to know, people try to kill you nowadays can't be too careful.

Even the ones you trust the most. It's always something.

🦁
Hopefully you guys like it.