Chapter 11:- Ruby

I really thought I could do this, I honestly thought when William came to me asking me to sell his house. I could. Even though this is my second time of coming back to what I called my home after ten years hits my gut, my stomach turns as I have to stand here showing David around the property like I have to sell it like my life depends on it. I guess it's true my life does depend on it, I need this sale, i need the status to finally put my business on the map, I've worked so hard over the years to succeed and do something with my life and finally I have the perfect opportunity so I cant mess it up, however when I showed David to the bedrooms and we finally entered my old room, all the memories ,my secret sleepovers with Greg and my mothers betrayal all come flashing back to me, hitting me like a ton of bricks. The room feels smaller, the air so tight,my eyes start to well.  I need to escape and fast.

"Sorry do excuse me, I need to go." I quickly said as I rush out the room. David tried to stop me grazing my arm. The instant electricity shoots through me from the smallest touch.

"Ruby?" He questions looking at me, but I cant stare, if I turn and look at him right now I'll break down and there wont be any stopping me, so I race down the stairs as quick as possible and make my way to the rear garden for some air.

"Just breathe Ruby." I state to myself. "Breath in, Breath out. " I say.

I dont know how long I'm out here, but it seems like hours as i lay here on the recliner watching the sun disappear into the clouds.

The soft rustling of footsteps through the fallen leaves, the smell of his aroma blowing in the winds, I know David is close enough, if only to touch to kiss to make everything go away.

"Hey." He whispers taking a seat next to be, his knees brush my leg as he stretches out.

He doesnt say anything, he just sits there in silence allowing me this time.

"You know if you squint hard enough and stare at the clouds you can make the clouds turn into whatever your imagination wants them too be. " David said as he relaxes back on the recliner." See I told you, that one looks like an elephant and that one in the far right looks like an old man with a trilby hat on smoking a pipe. " he expresses. "Really dont be so stupid." I roll my eyes at him. "

"Look, come sit here with me and il show you." He moves over allowing me space to sit next to him. "Right, now lay back and relax. " if only he knew being this close to him like last night is making me nervous, how can I relax when his resting his arm under my head like a cushion. "See now tell me what you see?" He asked.

"I cant do this, it's silly." I sigh.

"Just try for me, just take a deep breath close your eyes and relax. Now open them and tell me what you see?"

I do as I'm told, probably out of habit with Brandon always demanding that I bow to his beck and call, I close my eyes so tightly taking a deep breath in and out before I open my eyes.
"Oh my god, I can see a dog jumping for frisbee, and oooh ooh wait there an pony. " I grin so happily.

Sitting my self a little straighter now I notice David's eyes on mine, fixated.
"What's with the stares?your giving me a complex." I shy away.

"What cant I look at you? " David smirks. "Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?" He lowers himself closer. "Your just saying that to be nice." I state biting my bottom lip.
"Nice??? Sweetheart I'm far from nice, but honestly you should take the complement cause it's true."
"Thank you." Is all I manage, i can feel my cheeks burning. "By the way dont bite your bottom lip at me, it will get you in trouble." David edges even closes, my breath hitched as his lips are inches from mine. "And what trouble is that?" I ask smirking.
"THIS." As he grabs the back of my neck pulling me into him, the kiss is wild, furious, sexy, I can taste the bitter taste of coffee on his lips. I need more,  I pull him down on the seat so I'm straddling him, my core aching as I feel his harden cock through his suit pants rub against my thighs. Gripping onto my legs with his firm hands he trails further up, lifting my skirt higher up, the smallest gust of wind sends tingles down my spine. His hips buckling as he grinds into me. What am I doing I need to stop this, however gorgeous this man in front of me is, I'm damaged goods and this is a business deal. I pull away gasping, his face and eyes looking concerned, his lips red and swollen from our kiss.
I release myself stepping over him and back to another seat. " I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that." He states as he pulls on his now disheveled hair.

"Its fine, you dont have to say anything, I wanted it as much as you, but I think this needs to stop here. There cant be any more than business. I'm sorry." I said as i go to stand.

"Its fine, business comes first. So shall we go and have lunch and sort out an agreement? " David now looking at his watch.

"Sounds like a plan. Where would you like to eat?" I ask walking back into the house.

"I know a great place which do the best burgers ever if your interested." David beams.

"Burgers sound great." I said thinking it's been a long time since I've had one, or any thing that greasy. I ordered  a cheeky burger from this new burger and grill place which opened up offering 20%discount to new customers once about 5months ago, I remember bringing it home, slipping into my comfy baggy jumper and jogging bottoms and flicking netflixs on, as I started to tuck into it, in walked Brandon with a salad in his hand looking disgusted in me enjoying a greasy dripping burger. "Oh god, your not seriously eatting that in here? Your going to stink the place out and not to mention add more rolls to that stomach of yours." As soon as he said those words, I picked the burger up and chucked it straight in the bin and never touched one again since.

"Let's go shall we." I pick the leaflets making sure I've securely locked the door behind me as we make our way back to David car.