"Yes, yes." she nodded, taking her friend's hand as she began walking. "It's very full inside. It might take time to find her."

"No problem, we have time." the white haired chuckled. "So, how is your mother?"

"She's good." Brie beamed. "You know, you should also meet Ni-"

"Brie." a voice interrupted as a charwoman appeared before them, her kind face smiling at Brie. "Let's go inside, there is another surprise for you."

"Yess." she jumped in happiness, ready to run inside before she remembered. "Miss. Rosie, they want to meet Mom."

Rosie turned her gaze to the two men in question, greeting them with a warm smile. "She's inside. I'll have someone see you in. Just a moment."

"John." she called out, beckoning to a young guy serving fries to the children who on hearing his name, came jogging towards them.

"Yes, Miss. Rosie." he nodded cordially.

"Please see these gentlemen inside." Rosie nodded towards them before turning her gaze to Brie. "Brie, come with me. Let's go."

"Bye." Brie waved at them, getting only one in return though as the white haired one smiled at her warmly.

"This way, please." John motioned for them to follow.

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

Lucy was officially scared now.

"What does Katherine even want? Why is she even here in the first place?" Lucy paced the room in worry, speaking rapidly. "I didn't think Katherine would have the nerve to confront me, just to say that 'things will unfold' and she needs 'just my cooperation'. I thought I had her under control."

"She's not the one to come under anyone's control. Especially when she knows their weaknesses and has them handy."

Lucy nodded with a defeated sigh as she tugged at her hair and glanced at Brie who was animatedly talking to another girl of her age.

Lucy was freaking out because of Katherine bloody Pierce. She had immediately withdrawn Brie from the party, getting her to her room and immediately checking her for any injuries on her arrival and now was worriedly discussing the whole matter with Stefan in whispers.

She was yet to find Niklaus, who had suddenly disappeared into the thin air, gone to who knows where, leaving her with just a simple, extremely to-the-point message, 'call you later'.

"She is safe in this room, right?" Lucy questioned alarmingly. "Katherine couldn't possibly harm her here in our presence nor can she outwit us now that we're alert."

"Yes, Lucy, Brie is the safest here, trust me." Stefan placed an assuring hand on her shoulder. "Besides, she has the protection spell on like always. But, for easing your mind, create a boundary spell so that no supernatural can enter this room. Everything will be perfect then."

"Yeah," Lucy nodded, sighing. "You're right. She's the safest here. But what if Katherine compels someone to come inside and harm her?"

"I'll be here the whole time." Stefan tried to assure her as her voice grew more anxious by the second.

"But- but what if you're somehow distracted or I-I get outsmarted by them or-or-"

"-Lucy," he stopped her panic rant, giving her a placid smile. "Seal the room magically, so that no one can enter nor leave. We might be stuck here the whole time but lift it up tomorrow morning. Good now?"

"Yeah, yeah." she nodded vigorously, getting up, "I'll get the candles from my room."

"Wait, listen." Stefan stopped her as she began to hurry out of the room. "Don't bring them here. Do it from outside."