24

Daemons pov
I watch as she takes the tiny babe. I nod to the maester "you're free to go" and he nods and so do the midwives. I watch as the babe latches onto the tit that she's offering. The maester comes back in "the princess needs a name daemon" I nod "we have to talk. I'll tell you when we agree on one" it's unusual for this to happen. Husbands usually just name the children. That's not what I want for us. He nods "of course your grace" and he leaves. I lean over and see her. My daughter. She has tufts of white hair and a button nose and chubby cheeks despite her being here early. I grin "she's perfect"

Her eyes flutter open. They're lilac just like ours but different as well. She finishes feeding her and burps her and asks "do you want to hold her daemon?" I grin and nod and she hands her to me and I hold her close her eyes on me and I smile "hi little dragon...I'm your father.." she asks "what do you want to name her daemon?" I look at my first born and say "Jahaena targaryen the first of her name" I look at her and she smiles "fierce just like her it seems" I nod and ask "do you like it?" My eyes on her and she smiles "I couldn't have come up with anything more perfect for her daemon" I see her eyes drooping "sleep my love we will be here when you wake"

Kissing her forehead "you've done and been through a lot on this day. Sleep" I tell her gently. She shakes her head "I want to be awake with the both of you for our first few moments as a true family" I make sure Jahaena is secure before turning Delaerys' face to me "we will be okay my love. She has a lifetime of moments ahead of her. And you will be there for every single one. You need rest. Please care for yourself and sleep my love" she nods and kisses me "wake me if she gets hungry again" I nod and say "she's in great hands" she smiles "I know" and she closes her eyes to rest. We've already had the bed changed from her birth.

I coo to my princess "you my love are everything we could've ever hoped for. Truly. You will grow to be whoever you wish to be, a dragon by your side as I did. You will never have to worry about a thing my princess. Anyone who comes to try and harm you will be met with dragon fire. You will be happy, and protected my daughter. You will grow up loved. You and your mother are my everything." She makes noise and I grin at her "jahaena. You are my legacy. And I vow to love you until my last breath. To father you the way viserys didn't father your perfect mother." I kiss her forehead and tell her "Avy jorrāelan byka zaldrīzes"

I love you littlest dragon

As she falls asleep. I sit in the chair holding her just taking in the fact that I'm a father now. Im a father. With that last thought I fall asleep too. My daughter in my arms safely.