3

Delaerys pov
Here we stand at my mothers and brothers pyre. My father not looking at either one of us. My sister and I. I kiss her head and say "go to him" "what about you?" She asks and adds "you're older. He needs you" I tell her "he does not. It doesn't matter my age. He's using me for what he needs already. I did not know our mother and I don't know him either. He needs you rhaenyra" "and who's going to be by your side during this sister?" She asks me worry in her eyes. "I will be fine" daemon comes over "I'll be here. Go to him" she points out "I'll never be a son" "me either but him being alone right now does not look good. Go" I tell her and she nods and I kiss her head and she goes to our father. He ignores her but looks at me and nods.

I see Maegor at the top of the hill with rhaenyra's dragon Syrax. Though syrax is distanced. I hear the priest finish talking and I walk to the pyre and kiss my mothers head and mutter "I am home at last just as you wished mother. I'll do everything in my power to keep the family afloat. I wish we could've talked more throughout life and once more. May the gods welcome you with open arms. You were the best of us." Stepping away back to daemon and he pulls me to his side and I look at Maegor and back to my father and Rhaenyra and know they're not going to do it. So I do. "Dracarys!" I say and Maegor lights the pyre burning my brother and mother with it.

People watch for a bit but go. I stay. Watching the flames dance. A hand touches my shoulder "the announcement is tonight Delaerys." Daemon tells me. I chuckle "we just had their pyres burned their bodies are still burning right now and they're already pushing" "the people of Westeros-" he starts "are sheep. We are the house of the dragon and kings and queens. Viserys is a king. And yet he lets everyone else decide everything for him and push him around like he's nothing." I huff.

"He's afraid to lose everything of he doesn't comply" he tells me and I tell him "at this rate he's going to lose everything because he does and doesn't act when conflict arises" "spoken like a true queen" he says his arms around me. "He did it didn't he...he killed her to save the baby" I sigh watching the fire burn. "They both we're going to die if he did not try" he tells me. "The gods must hate him. He's got cuts from the throne daemon. And now this" I list. I ask "what was she like?" "Who? Your mother?" I nod and he recounts "she was kind. Even if I didn't deserve such a thing she was kind. She was strong as well. I can't imagine being a woman and having so many pregnancies that ended in miscarriage but she knew her duty and carried it out even though it pained her. She reminds me a lot of you" "wouldn't it be the other way around daemon" I ask.

He chuckles "I'm afraid not. You two are also very different. Just some similarities." I reply "thank you daemon...for everything" looking at him as I'm wrapped in his arms his head on my shoulder. "You do not need to thank me for caring about you Delaerys." "I don't know where or what I'd be without you in my corner daemon" I tell him and he nods "it's my honor to support you Delaerys"

I watch the flame go out and I say "come meet Maegor" taking his hand and getting closer and he comes down the hill and to me and nudges me and purrs. I chuckle stroking his scales "yes" he sees daemon and hisses. Protectively and daemon looks my way and he holds his hand to Maegor and Maegor sniffs it. If it were anyone else Maegor would've eaten his arm. Daemon pets him and he makes a noise not used to it and I chuckle "shush you" "that's it" daemon says. I smile seeing them and daemon notes "he doesn't have a saddle" "there's no point. I can grip onto him perfectly fine as he is" I tell him and he tells me "you have to be careful" I nod "always am" and we watch him fly off to the dragon pit. He takes my hand and we head back to my room and he says "the feast will start soon I'll be back to escort you if you'd let me" I send him a smile "of course" I kiss his cheek "see you then" and head inside and wonder just what I'm feeling for him. It's not uncommon. Or frowned upon either.

I bathe and dress in

I braid my hair

A knock sounds at my door and I open it to see daemon

A knock sounds at my door and I open it to see daemon. He grins seeing me "you look beautiful" I smile "and you look handsome." Taking him in and he offers me his arm "ready?" I nod "as I'll ever be" intertwining our limbs.