It Was Only A Dare Part 1

Warnings: brief mention of suicide, drugs and illegal substances

"Alright Tomu Truth or dare?" Toga asked she elbowed him hard in the ribs. Tomura who hadn't been paying attention jumped startled. He hadn't wanted to play this game but Toga had begged him until he agreed. So far he'd picked truth and had to answer a few embarrassing questions that Toga kept dragging out of him against his will.

Other than that Tomura just tuned the rest out. "Uh, truth." Tomura said he swatted Toga's hand away irritated.

"No you have to pick dare you keep picking truth not fair!" Toga whined she put her hands over her chest she pouted at him. Tomura sighed annoyed he knew she was going to get her way. Toga loved to bug him like a annoying little sibling until he relented. He sighed he nodded knowing he wasnt going to get out of this.

"I dare you to ask Dabi on a date." Toga said Tomura choked on his own spit as he'd been trying to swallow. He coughed his eyes were wide as he turned around to stare at Toga like she'd just told him how the universe was created.

"You want me to what?!" Tomura asked in disbelief.

"You heard me Tomu now go complete your dare!" Toga said she shoved him in the direction of Dabi who was sitting on the other side of the school cafeteria eating his lunch alone. Nobody liked to sit next to him or talk to him since he was known to be violent and unpredictable.

Tomura didn't fear the teen unlike the rest of the school. If anything he just found him a annoying troublemaker punk wannabe. Dabi disrupted class and did many things that were plastic lunch bags that Tomura didn't even knew existed until Dabi made it in his basement and brought it to school.

"Go on Tomu don't be shy." Toga sniggered as she kept trying to shove him forward. Tomura didn't budge he planted his feet firmly into the ground not moving a inch. Tomura wasn't a popular kid per say he even was considered weird by most people that weren't in his niche friend group.

"Toga we may be weird but he's a freak." Tomura said he turned around to give the girl a sharp glare when she started listing off the reasons why him and Dabi would work. "Dating Dabi is like asking to get poisoned and then everyone at school laugh and dance while you choke on it." Tomura ranted trying to convince Toga of all the acceptable reasons why he definitely should not date Dabi.

"Besides I'm into girls." Tomura said as his final point instantly causing all his friends to start laughing violently attracting lots of attention to their table. Tomura shot glares at all his friends his face flushing red from all the embarrassing attention fixed on him.

"Nice one Tomu I saw you totally staring at my top ten guys in swim trunks magazine." Toga said amused. Tomura knew it was pointless to argue especially since no one believed him. Alright maybe he was into guys just a little bit? Nobody needed to know thanks Toga.

"Now go on ask Dabi out you chicken." Toga said she grinned at him as of daring him to say no. As a extra bonus she had that murderous look in her eye she only adopted usually for her parents or for people who were mean to her.

Tomura swallowed nervously he knew he no longer had a choice. With a tug of his shirt collar nervously Tomura stood up and walked stiff legged over to Dabi's table. Tomura felt like he was commiting social suicide as he walked closer and closer towards the freaks table.

"Hey, uh Dabi do you wanna I don't know go on a date with me." Tomura said he said the words through gritted teeth.

"Hmm, sure why not? I always thought you were kinda cute for a creep." Dabi said shrugging he sent a wink at Tomura. Tomura felt his cheeks redden slightly from the action. Tomura wanted to take back what he said instantly since he was feeling embarrassed.

Instead he shuffled away before anyone could see them together. Tomura scoffed as he thought about Dabi in his next hour class. Dabi was just a dumb little nobody who was probably willing to date anyone who glanced his way. Tomura's eyes widened once he realized he was technically dating Dabi even if it had been a joke.

Tomura cursed to himself silently as Toga giggled beside him. Tomura glared at her but she continued her fit of laughter. Tomura got up as soon as the bell rang he stormed into his last class of the day throwing his bag hard on the floor he was sure he heard something break.

Soon the school day was over Tomura had to walk home since he lived close to the school. "Hey, creep wait up." The voice Tomura wanted to hear the least right now other than Toga's said. Tomura tried to speed up he started walking faster to his irritation Dabi sped up to.

"Okay I asked him out on a dumb dare now it's time to lie in the grave I created for myself." Tomura said to himself quietly he was about to tell Dabi it had just been a dare when he was interrupted by Dabi speaking.

"So where do you wanna go for our date? Didn't expect that from you but I'm thrilled truly." Dabi said he grinned at Tomura. Tomura found he didn't hate it even if the other teen was annoying.

"How about the restaurant two blocks from here?" Tomura asked he instantly wanted to face palm for letting it continue instead of stopping it there.

"Great see you tomorrow seven?" Dabi asked he actually looked hopeful and excited.

Tomura swallowed nervously he nodded not able to say anything. "Fuck why am I doing this to myself?!" Tomura asked himself as he stomped angrily home.