Ch. 8

Holy FUCK am I tired.
I just want to sleep for like.12 hours.
I mean I sleep 10 hours regularly, but it's never enough LOL.
Let Austere rest...
I've been insanely mentally exhausted lately though.
All I can get myself to do is write.
Like it's the one thing I can do without being completely screwed afterwards.
Other than that, I'm just... existing.
Fling me a Monster and I'll be grand lmfao.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh... your entire body was sore.

Mnnh... where were you even...?

You could recognise you were in a bed... it wasn't the one at home, though.

Hngh, if only you could open your eyes...

"Oh my God, she's moving." You heard Rouge's voice say, followed by quick footsteps coming towards you.

"Mmh..." You quietly moaned, before feeling your hand be squeezed lightly.

"Y/N? Y/N, if you can hear me, try to squeeze back." It took everything in you to do as asked, but eventually you squeezed the hand.

It was weak, but it was there.

"She's awake!"

It took you some time to fully wake up, your mind groggy and your body exhausted, but hey, at least you were awake.

Rouge had been the first person you saw, followed closely by Shadow, and even in your tired state, you were beyond happy to see them to the point you cried.

Rouge dried your tears, crying herself, overjoyed you were going to be fine and tightly embraced you, stroking the back of your head.

"I'm so glad you're awake, Y/N. Life wasn't the same without you." She said, smiling to you.

"How... how long was I gone for?" You hesitantly asked, fumbling with the duvet.

"A little over a week." Wh-?!

You nearly jumped out of bed, though Rouge kept you down, trying to calm you.

She did eventually manage to do so, and you sighed deeply.

Damn, over a week?

Acchi could be anywhere, then!

Tch...

"Hey, Shadow?" Said Rouge, turning to the hedgehog who'd been standing nearby, as if speechless.

"Could you go to the convenience store? It's on the bottom floor. I'm sure Y/N is hungry." He seemed reluctant, though did eventually nod, heading off to get you something to eat.

"Y/N. I need you to be honest with me. Why have you been so on edge?" She asked the second Shadow was gone, and you flinched, glancing away.

You didn't want to hide it anymore, so... you gave up.

Sighed, and spoke with a saddened, yet terrified tone.

"There... there's someone looking for me. Someone I really don't want to be found by." You stared at your hands, tears threatening to show themselves again.

"I'm scared, Rouge." Looking genuinely horrified, Rouge tightly embraced you, shushing you as you began to cry.

"It's okay, hun. We'll keep you safe. No one's going to get you, okay?" She said, doing her best to assure you everything would be fine.