It's a Cold World Without You 11

Ryan sighed as he ran his fingers through Hailey’s long, blond hair. “We probably shouldn’t have done that.”

Hailey lifted her head from where it was resting comfortably on Ryan’s bare chest to look into his bright blue eyes. As she searched them she found nothing other than indecision, as if he were battling some sort of inner conflict. “Why not?” she questioned casually. To her, it was nothing but sex, there was no reason to overanalyze anything.

“I don’t want to put a strain on our friendship,” Ryan responded with a frown.

Hailey laughed lightly and Ryan’s mood brightened instantly. She didn’t laugh often enough in his opinion, every time he made her laugh felt like such an accomplishment. “Don’t worry, it’ll only be awkward if you let it be awkward.”

She bent her head slightly and placed a light kiss in the center of his chest. His breathing stopped, and all because of the little pressure her lips put on his skin. “Now I’m going to shower, school is in a couple of hours.”

Ryan closed his eyes as she rolled over his body, just to savour the sensation of all of her skin being pressed up against his again, but instantly opened them once the weight disappeared so he could watch her. He didn’t even care how creepy that seemed, especially between “friends”.

She stood there, completely naked, and stretched. Ryan’s eyes practically bugged out.

Hailey grinned slyly before asking, “Are your parents home?”

Ryan blinked a few times before he could process her words, this just made Hailey smirk. “Uh, n-no.”

Hailey laughed quietly and said, “Good, I’m going to take a shower. We have to go to school in a couple hours.”

Ryan stared as Hailey’s slim figure sauntered out of his bedroom. “Damn,” he muttered, “I’m fucked.”

He ran his fingers through his dark hair and gripped at the ends, pulling hard. She was getting to him without even trying. He had to remind himself over and over that she was hurt just as bad he was, probably even worse. They were both trying to use each other to make themselves feel better, and he knew it.

Ryan heard the shower turn off and quickly snapped out of his thoughts. He jumped from his bed and was about to pull on his pajama pants when he remembered it was a school day. Cursing under his breath, he stalked over to his closet and started pulling on clothes.

Just as Ryan was pulling a shirt over his head, Hailey walked into his bedroom with a towel clutched to her chest.

She pouted her lip out at Ryan and said, “Aw, just as I was started to enjoy the view.”

“Well, I could always go shirtless for a day, just for you,” he offered, still not pulling down his shirt completely.

Hailey waved his generosity off, “Not today.”