Owlbreeze stared at her for several moments. My choice? "Is it really? What happens if I say no then? MountainClan goes without a medicine cat? That doesn't really sound like a choice." Owlbreeze felt even more conflicting feelings, she felt slightly guilty for constantly questioning StarClan's actions, but she couldn't help but feel skeptical of some of their choices and guidance after all the stress they had put her through.

"If you say no and say you wish to stay with SunClan then we will work with our other options. We have a few other choices like selecting one of the already established MountainClan warriors, or bringing in another outsider and having you train them along with me, but after discussing it with the other StarClan medicine cats the best option we came up with was you, but it is your choice."

Owlbreeze sighed and turned away. "I don't know what to do. How can I just leave my loved ones behind? My parents, my siblings, Honeyfrost, Pebblestep...they're all my family."

"I know how hard it is to be separated from your loved ones, but I would like to remind you that medicine cats live different lives. You would not be a rival, you would live in another Clan but I hardly imagine Dawnstar as being the type of cat to keep you from your loved ones."

"I need to think." Owlbreeze responded. "I'll make my decision when I'm ready."

"Of course, Owlbreeze." Mosscloud mewed. "Take your time, I will be watching over you this entire time."

Owlbreeze said nothing in response, she closed her eyes and allowed the forest around her to fade away. She felt bad for being so curt with Mosscloud, but her patience had run out. My choice, huh.

*****

Owlbreeze woke up back in the medicine cat den, feeling just as tired as she did when she fell asleep. Pebblestep and Honeyfrost were out of the den and from the light filtering in through the den entrance she could tell that it was just before sunhigh. Owlbreeze breathed out a sigh before sitting up.

She took a moment to smooth down her fur and left the den, stepping into the open air of the camp. The air was still cold, but the sky was free of clouds and the sun was shining brightly. The rays reflected off the glittering snow causing Owlbreeze to wince at the brilliance of it.

After her eyes adjusted she looked around camp, and her heart began to ache as she looked at her Clanmates. She saw her parents sharing prey with Cherryleaf and Cloudspots as they laughed and had a pleasant conversation. She spotted Oakpaw, Blossompaw and Rushpaw leaving the camp with their mentors. The SunClan kits playing out in the snow, happily cheering as Sedgefern, Petalbreeze and Dovepool watched them play. SunClan is my home. This is where I was born.

Owlbreeze then thought about MountainClan. She thought about the time she lived with Mountainstar in her home with Tumbleweed and the kits. The memories were filled with happiness and welcoming. She remembered training the soon-to-be warriors all about the warrior code and Clan life. She thought about how grateful Nettleheart was when she treated her wound, and how everyone had welcomed her like she was family after visiting them.

MountainClan also feels like home. Ever since she returned to SunClan she had felt as if part of her was incomplete, as if she didn't belong. She did her best to ignore those emotions and focus on being the best SunClan medicine cat she could be but her entire apprenticeship was spent making mistake after mistake. I felt like my full medicine cat name wasn't earned because I haven't done anything helpful for SunClan. The entire time I've been a medicine cat in SunClan all I've done is get in the way, but with MountainClan...with MountainClan I made a difference. I was needed.

Owlbreeze knew that all of the cats she cared in SunClan loved her, but they didn't need her. SunClan doesn't need me. She closed her eyes, silencing her thoughts for just a moment. Mosscloud said it was my choice. Her eyes slowly opened as she looked over the camp. So I will make my choice. She rose to her paws. I will always love SunClan, but I know where I belong.