Chapter 1: I love you

Youve been in love with him since the first time you laid eyes on his picture in the newspaper.
You collected all his Sanke Cards and put the under your pillow. Every night you would dream of his beautiful face.
You had a crush on no other than Manfred von Richthofen, Germanys top flying ace.
And today was the day you would finally meet him. Having bought a ticket to Schweidnitz the day you read in the news that he would be on leave, you were on a 10 hour train ride just to see this beautiful man and ask him out on a date.
At noon you arrived at his house, and a lot of people were there. But you knew, you would be the only one he would love.

You ran to the gate of the house and there he was, handsome and dashing, better than in the pictures. You got instantly aroused just by the sight of him.
He was signing autographs and chatting with some people. You walked up to him and your gazes met. You were probably standing closer to him than what looked appropriate. You took all the courage you had and asked: "I love you. Do you maybe wanna go out some time?"
For a second, time seemed to stop. You could hear your heartbeat and could feel his breath on your face.
"Uuuhhh...", be began. Oh god, you couldnt believe this was happening. "No, but could you please step back and respect my personal space?"
In a moment, your world shattered. He turned around and continued to talk to the other people at the gate. Tears formed in your eyes and you ran back to the train station.
This was the saddest day of your life.