"You guys are spoiling me."

"Shush, I wanted to get more but my sons had to pull me away from the store." Joyce chuckles and the kids whine out in embarrassment.

"Mum!"

"Come in. I'm almost finished cooking. The others are-"

"(y/n)!" the girl looks over to see Max, Eleven and Hopper walk in, the girls running over to hug the older one.

"You came!" (y/n) hugs the girls and they smile at her.

"Of course we did! We wouldn't miss your birthday!" Max says passing her gift.

"For you..." Eleven smiles, handing her gift to (y/n) and she realises it was handmade along with Wills.

"Oh thank you so much. Let me put these away carefully." (y/n) gently puts the gifts down with care, the girls looking around in awe of the house and they run off together to explore.

"Hey kid." Hopper smiles at the girl, passing her a large manila envelope.

"You didn't have to-"

"-I think you might like this one the best. And yes, I had to." he winks at the girl, ruffling her hair before walking to Joyce to talk to her.

"Hurry up! We're late!" (y/n) smiles as she hears Dustin's voice, looking over to see the rest of the kids walking through with him, the Sinclairs and the Wheelers. "(y/n)!" Dustin jumps into her arms to hug her, making her stumble back.

"Careful Henderson, you're going to make her fall!"

"Eddie!" the kid quickly hands (y/n) her gift before rushing off to talk to Eddie.

"Happy birthday (y/n)!" The Sinclairs and Wheelers say, passing her a gift one by one.

"Let me help darling." Billy kisses her cheek from behind her, scaring her since he popped out of nowhere and takes the gifts to keep them with the rest.

"Welcome guys! Come in! I'm just going to go and set the food."

"Let us help you." the adults and the grown kids help (y/n) put the food on the table after everything was ready before moving to the living room to all catch-up.

"How's everything in Hawkins?" (y/n) asks as she nestles next to Billy who kisses her shoulder, everyone smirking at her from the affection he was showing.

"Good! It's actually peaceful and boring now which is better than knowing that something might come out from the Upside Down." Dustin says, shrugging his shoulders. Everyone agrees before they all talk about what's going on with them one by one before (y/n), Eddie and Billy talked about their life in California. 

"Let's open the gifts before we eat." Billy says and everyone rushes to get their gift and hand it to (y/n) to open. She opens each one, absolutely loving them and hugging each person until it came to Hopper who was last to give his gift.

"This is more for both of you really but-just open it. It's from Murray, the doc and me." he says, (y/n) opening the large manila envelope to take out some documents and cards.

"My new identity..." (y/n) gasps, tearing up as she read over her new birth certificate and civilian documents.

"I know that it's hard to leave your old life behind, especially from your brother and your parents but I thought this would be helpful. Let you live an actual life. Maybe go back to studying or work." Hopper explains as (y/n) showed another certificate to Billy.

"(y/n) and Billy Hargrove..." he reads out. "We're... married..."

"I know it's not the most conventional way but I thought it might be better for you both." Hopper says and (y/n) smiles at him happily, getting up to hug him.