52

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was silent in the house besides the soft sounds of breathing from (y/n) as Billy sat on a chair in her bedroom, keeping an eye out for her as she slept soundly in bed. His mind was racing with so many questions, questions about how she was alive and if this (y/n) was truly his (y/n).

It wasn't possible. She died. Died in his arms when her brother pulled her out of the mall. Her body was riddled with bite marks and holes. It just wasn't possible.

Billy sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair. He had no one to turn to in this situation. He didn't know what to do. He got up to leave the room when (y/n) moved in her sleep, furrowing her brows as she clutched onto the pillow to her chest like she used to do. She was tossing and turning, whimpering softly and Billy knew she was having a nightmare, quickly kneeling to her side as she jolts up awake. Her eyes were wide as she looked around the unfamiliar room and fear swamped her again that she might have been back in the facility. She ran out of the bed, huddling in a corner and Billy frowns at how scared (y/n) was.

"(y/n), you're ok." She looks at him with frightened eyes and his heart broke. She was terrified. "It's me, Billy Hargrove."

"Billy?" she mutters out, her rigid composure softening.

"You're home. My home in California."

"Your home?" she looks around, noticing how dark it was outside the balcony doors but her attention was caught on the ocean crashing against beach below her.

"The beach house..."

"That's right." Billy slowly approached (y/n), giving her space and holding his hands out to her. She looked up at him before looking at his hands. He would always be patient with her, letting her hand and her fist rest in his palms.

"Home?"

"Home. You're home..." Billy nods and (y/n) smiles, tearing up.

"Home... I'm home..." he pulls her into his chest to hug her tight, letting his guard drop now that he was able to hold her again. His dreams of having (y/n) in his arms finally coming true. He couldn't believe it but holding her again, he finally felt happy.

"I can't believe you're here... I don't understand (y/n), how?" Billy leans back as he holds (y/n)'s face and she looks up at him, an exhausted expression in her eyes. "Maybe I'll ask tomorrow. You need to get clean and eat something." Billy gently sets (y/n) down on her bed again, walking out of the room to grab some of his clothes and a towel before going back to her bedroom to start a bath in the bathroom tub. He looks over and sees her walk in, holding onto the walls and he frowns at how weak she was. She was shivering and her skin felt cold like the dead as she brushed her hand against his in the hot water. She sighs against the heat, the tub filled up with hot water and bubbling soap. 

Billy moves to leave (y/n) to take a shower but she stops him, tugging on his sleeve. "I can't..." Billy frowns at the pained whine in her voice, closing the bathroom door and walking over to her to help take her clothes off. (y/n) hisses in pain at the sharp stab in her limbs and joints as Billy carefully took the coat and dress off. Her body was hunched over and she struggled to sit straight against the edge of the tub. 

Billy pales when he sees the marks on her body, the holes and the bite wounds that the Mind Flayer pierced through her. There were stitches all over her skin to close up her wounds, discoloured patches of skin covering the holes. Her body was so frail and small, her bones sticking through her skin.